1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Giro D'italia Anyone Going?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Samurai, Jul 10, 2019.

1. I too part in the Giro in 2019 on my Bantam 175.
    There are people who will ship your bike to Italy in a group ship.
    I'm going next year , all booked

If you need more info pm me , happy to help

2. Can't recommend Russell Bennet at Phase One Endurance enough for shipping. He's based in Somerset but usually arranges another pickup in the way to Dover. He takes over a dozen bikes at a time and competes himself. He's a really nice guy and a Wiz at logistics. Contact him via his website but I know that he's nearly full for next year's event already.

3. This is my good friend, Steve, doing the Giro in 2009, riding a bike he built up from an oil stain on his garage floor! I think he started with a front wheel, tracked down a frame, found engine bits, etc., glued it all together and did the Giro. It never missed a beat!

Just last year, I gave a pal of mine a lift to a Ducati dealership in Wolverhampton (I think), he was collecting a Multistrada and while hanging around waiting for them to get the bike ready, I spotted this very photo as part of a huge Ducati dealership collage that filled a whole wall. Steve decided to paint the bike red/silver, rather than the more usual red/bronze. Our pals at Davida did the paintwork for him and presented him with a pudding basin to match.

The Giro was a huge adventure that was greatly enjoyed by Steve and a support team (liggers, freeloaders, hangers-on, and ne'er-do-wells) of 5 mates. One of my regrets is not having gone....

Steve Giro.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information