1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Gp Argentina ****spoilers****

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Cream_Revenge, Mar 27, 2019.

1. I don't think he has at all, his foot does move, the only thing he is guilty of is not knowing the exact wording of the rule, which he will do now!

2. Unless they have changed the rules, any movement (regardless how small) is a jump start. He moved between lights on and off, ergo jumped the start.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thought I’d go check the rules out. Any movement forward before lights out is deemed penalty. There is discretion allowed where they start/stop again or where the movement is very minor.

So on that basis Cal has been hard done by, they could have made a discretionary call and just added 5 or 10 secs to his race time, but he did break the rules.

4. Data said he did not release the clutch until the lights changed so imo Spencer should have consulted the team and made his decision when he had all the evidence, penalty was very harsh as he gained very little if anything at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Highlights on quest this evening at 6pm and on quest +1 at 7pm

6. Normal service resumed then he makes himself look a arss every time he's interviewed

7. He doesn't have much charisma with the media stuff, but that's a skill you've either got or you haven't. He's doing ever so well at the day job, no question. Rossi's got charisma in spades- which is why he's now a global icon, the media can't get enough of him. And he can ride a bike of course.
    But Crutchlow was shafted last Sunday and I wouldn't blame him one bit for being angry about it. I'd have been angry too. The authorities there wouldn't have pulled that shit on Rossi, oh no Siree... :bucktooth:

8. It happened the steward's aren't going to change there minds he broke the rules they can't do anything about it so let it go
    I see jayloo is rolling out the old excuses for performing like a nob lack of feel lack of grip the conditions didn't bother his team mate
    I think he borrowed it from the Scott Redding book of standard excuses for underperforming

9. Yeah, you'd have to say what he did was very, very minor, so really hard done by.

That would have been the correct decision. Review after the race, look at the data and decide on the penalty (if any was needed) then.

10. What we need is a far wider race track for the start, no qualifying sessions but a guaranteed no jump start system

mmmmmm :thinkingface:

11. Does anyone think rossi and rins have a point eg it's a bit like watching a long horse race? where they only sprint for the last five laps...

12. They should have tyres that last the whole race. Fuck all this tyre management bullshit. I wanna see em race from flag to flag. Currently and for the past few seasons, the moto3 class has been the best racing. I fact, give the young uns the motogp bikes. Fucking loons the lot of em.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information