1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Gp Video Pass

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Nigel Hill, Mar 25, 2021.

1. i signed up last month, also for the first time.

did so mainly as its impossible for us to watch in UAE without a hooky feed which is usually terrible and often in dutch. my mrs subscribes to WSB and we admittedly got a lot of use out of that last season, watched every round including the lower formulae whereas we hardly watched a single complete motogp together.

the videopass will allow us to watch the races at a decent time as well [sunday is a normal work day] and as i'm stuck on rotation in africa its been good to be able to watch the classic races in full

2. Can someone please explain in laymans terms what Kodi is, how to download it, then what do you do after Kodi is loaded (my PC)?

3. Is anyone out there who can confirm Mobdro is still in operation?
    Have always received a good picture but for some reason can't get it to load the channels anymore.
    Strange.

4. Many thanks Andy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Further to the renewal of my MotoGP subscription; my TV, a 4k Samsung that's about 4 years old no longer natively supports the motogp.com feed using its SmartTV web browser, that stopped last year. This meant that I had to plug in my laptop via HDMI to watch the racing which was a PITA and partially explained why I didn't see some of the GPs last season. The TV is otherwise perfectly functional with a great picture, no plans to replace that for quite a few years.

Today I had an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K delivered, quick setup and loaded the MotoGP app before watching the FP2 from Qatar, works really well and means I can just sit down and watch the racing without all the faffing about.

Also means that both MotoGP and most other streaming services are easily portable to any TV in the house, around at a friends or when away from home. Not sure if it would work abroad, can't see why not though some streaming services like BBC iPlayer probably wouldn't without a VPN.

6. So what channel on amazon is the Motogp on?

7. Sorry, maybe I didn't explain well enougb; It's not on Amazon but there's a motogp.com app that works on the Fire Stick.

Could have continued to plug my laptop into the telly but the Fire Stick gives a better picture and is there, setup and ready to go. Just sit down and switch on.

8. Gave in ten minutes before the race and paid up. Streaming was nice and stable.

9. I’m an old codger on pension so a bit pricey. Took a chance yesterday and paid £80 for VPN because I’ve seen MotoGP on Italian tv several times when on holiday (TV8). I got tv8 to play but it kept stopping. Well peeved I looked on Wikipedia to see who does free MotoGP and Swiss tv have it.

Gave it a try and watched the formula 1 this afternoon and MotoGP and moto2 just now. Brilliant picture, Dorna of course, no pauses or hiccups, just had to put up with a German commentary. It may be on ITV4, highlights only shortly, but no sign of it in the programming yet.

The £80 is for two years BTW so quids in on €199 for one year on a MotoGP pass but perhaps I’ll miss some bits. Will try for an Australian tv next time to get English commentary but you still get the exact same board on the left with names, positions etc so didn’t need the waffle put out like we usually get on the highlights.

Mal

• Useful Useful x 3
  10. I’ve subscribed for a few years, if you renew there is a decent discount. I hate the sound of Neil H on bt sport he’s annoying (I booked him for a day at Aragon a few years ago, My 1198 cracked it’s cases in the morning so I didn’t have a bike. He said he’d sort me out with some time next time at Almeria. Spoke to him a few times and he said he was busy)
    But my main reason is working away from home I can stream online. Works well for me

#30 aldaviz, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information