1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Rapido Spares

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Nasher, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Everyone's favourite Spares shop, and Craig and Luke are as helpful and knowledgeable as ever.

Oh, but if you want to collect forget it if you work Mon-Fri as their spares counter is now closed on Saturdays.

A big mistake in my eyes, which will alienate and annoy their more practical local customers who live a normal life and work for a living.

It's a good job Snells still have some respect for their customers and continue to sell spares on a Saturday.

2. Moto Rapido are the closest Ducati dealer to me. Not recently but in the past I’ve tried a number of times to arrange a test ride and twice been completely ignored. This time I didn’t even bother with them, I was also ignored at Oxford Ducati, which whilst further away than Snells are considerably more convenient location as Im often on the A34. I have now ordered my fourth Ducati, this will be the third from Snells.

3. I went to Moro Rapido a couple of months ago just for a mooch around, and had to really persuade them to sell me a T-shirt on a Saturday. Madness. I bet they’ll be losing a lot of business.

In all fairness, the salesman was a good laugh and was happy to talk bikes for as long as we were there, showing me round various bikes.

#3 Multirider75, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  4. M&S in Newcastle still haven't got back to anywhere near normal since lockdown. Showroom by appointment
    and closed completely on Saturdays. I've been buying from them for about 30 yrs and just can't get my head
    around it.

5. Was on Westgate hill beginning of the month, my Uncle owns a bike shop there and he says it is killing the community as M&S was the biggest draw at the weekends. The entire hill was dead. Such a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I heard a rumour M&S were closing....

7. I was informed that Ian the owner is perfectly happy running the business the way it is now and he has no intention of reopening.
    All the lads there have been there as long as I can remember and some are down to a 2-3 day week.
    Such a shame as it was the centre of the biking community even though the area is now a total shit hole.
    I am surprised the Manufacturers haven’t withdrawn their franchise, doesn’t exactly look good for Ducati.

8. It all seems to be going towards car type business models for shop format, and due to the number of units shifted all the
    manufacturers seem to be following a similar consolidating strategy to a minimal main dealer network.
    I've had maybe 10 KTMs from M&S, but since they no longer have the franchise I ended up with over 100mile
    round trip to my current closest dealer when I bought another this year.
    Talking to a mate a few days ago who is looking for a Triumph and he is bang in the middle between York and Newcastle
    franchises.
    Folk used to flinch at the number of Aprilia dealerships, but it seems they may have been ahead of the curve business wise.

10. It’s Snells every time for me, the last time the bill was only £1.50, so they put it in the post foc, I’ll be making sure it is added to my next invoice, but how many companies would do that?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. That is a shame and a bit shortsighted, as it will reduce the footfall of potential buyers of new bikes.

12. I went in MotoR a few times towards the end of the summer, and it's tricky because of lockdown but it feels more than ever like a race team trying to sell bikes as a side line. I can't fault their workshop or their comms, and I wouldn't touch Snells with a barge poll because they just treat you like they are doing you a favour, but I think it shows how the experiences vary.

I personally am lucky I can nip out to make a call to MR to order some spares during the week, I do struggle to understand that people are REALLY that unable to give them a bell on their lunch, or order through their ebay store, or drop them an email at any point during the week? Feels a little sensitive, but I comment because I do think they have a slightly race team first slant at the mo and I guess that's the sentiment in shutting the parts desk on saturdays.

13. IMO if you live close enough then is it really not possible to pop in during the week, and if you don’t live that close then get it posted, for me they are an hour away so I’m not about to jump in the car or on the bike to go and get a part anyway (and at the current price of fuel, cheaper to get it delivered).

Messaged them on WhatsApp this week, Craig replied with the price within 15mins, sent me a link to process payment and part will be on its way as soon as it’s in.

• Like Like x 4
  14. MotoR were unhelpful before Covid so hardly likely to have improved. It does seem odd that Ducati have two dealers so close to each other, as Snells are barely 30 minutes away. I almost drive by MotoR’s door to go to Snells, but there’s little choice.

15. Never heard anyone accusing MR as being unhelpful. I’ve always found Craig and Luke to be the complete opposite. Seems they bend over backwards to get you the parts sorted, sometimes, even if in Italy, a couple of days later! Unless you’re referring to the owner who I’d never deal with again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Perhaps I should have said disinterested instead of unhelpful, my experience of MR has been that I have been largely ignored when I have visited, as a result I’ve bought three new Ducatis from Snells and one from 3X.

17. I have to say MR have been nothing but brilliant on the occasions I have been there for parts. Cannot fault them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. This sounds like an all too familiar story to me .....
    ..... the blokes in the front line are working their arses off to provide top quality service to customers ,
    while the owner is some bone-idle rich-kid A-hole .

I've done business with both Luke and Craig over the phone , and they have always been fantastic .

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I'm definately part of the ignored camp at Rapido, I've also walked around the sales floor looking intently at a couple of bikes and been ignored. Snell's were much more welcoming and less inclined to talk down to me when we do have conversations.

20. There’s a fine line for car/ bike salesmen; if they approach some people they’re “hassling” if they leave people to have a wander, they’re “ignoring” them. Not a job I’d particularly fancy.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information