1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp 2019 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Birdie, Mar 8, 2019.

1. For moto 2 i meant

2. Quest is channel 37 & 38 on freeview and channel 167, 168 is+1

Quest is showing the moto gp highlights tonight at 6pm-7pm and again 7pm-8pm on the plus one versions

3. Isn’t that Moto 2?

5. Cutting edge of motorsports... Only trouble is if you try and innovate, people who don't will complain.:rolleyes:

It's like stopping computers being invented because the people on typewriters complain :thinkingface:

6. FIM approved that "rat catcher" previously. However, Honda, Suzuki, KTM, Aprilia complained..it seem FIM is re-investigating. IMHO they will drop the case...

7. If there was such an issue with Ducati’s aero package, why no protest when it first appeared on Petrux’s bike on the Friday ? No protest from Yamaha though, clever politics or genuinely don’t have an issue, I wonder. I have to say I find Aprillia and KTM protesting about performance advantage an absolute joke. Neither manufacturer IMO, has a snowballs chance in hell of challenging Honda, Ducati and now, fair play to them, Suzuki even with Aleix on board. Andy

8. Rossi used something similar last year...so would look really stupid if Yamaha would moan about...
    Not sure what other are about, these are prototypes cannot see how that plough is dangerous. Might add some rear tyre grip out of the fast corners but it will also create more drag?? (Hence I assume Honda where slightly quicker down the straights)
    Not sure about Suzuki....let's see on tighter, slower tracks...bloody hell that bike turns like it's on rails.

• Like Like x 1
  9. On now on quest

10. Anyone heard of any progress on the protest referred to the MotoGP Court of Appeals ? Andy

11. Last thing I read stated that Ducati are going to have to provide data showing everything this device does. If it generates a little amount of downforce, as a byproduct of a greater influence (cooling), then all is well.

If the cooling is negligible and downforce actually larger than all other influences, it will be deemed an aero device.

The argument mostly seems to be the other teams crying bullshit over this cooling excuse, being as the track temps were really quite cool anyway and the real issue of the race was keeping heat in the tyres rather than cooling them.

It appears to be an aero device that forces the tyre into the ground and helps eliminate wheelspin which is the worst thing a tyre can experience for longevity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Also very useful:upyeah: Andy

13. #76 Android853sp, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lucky for me the bookies already paid out :upyeah::innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Protests on Ducati spoiler have been rejected.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Screenshot_20190326-205414.png

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information