1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Argentina

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by chizel, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Dovi on Petrucci;

"When I was behind Danilo and he finished completely the rear tire he was riding in a bad way," Dovizioso complained." He stopped a lot of riders. He rode in a strange way. I think it was too much. Everybody tries to use his [own] style and this is normal, this is good. But in the way he use it, it was very bad. I tried to overtake him on the inside and he brake late and close the door. Like this it’s very bad. You don’t give the possibility to do something because you can’t brake like him. He’s heavier and he’s able to brake harder. This is not fair. This is not over the limit but this is not fair."

Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Honda track next then Jerez where stoner was the last Ducati rider to win.
    Cant help but wonder how much patience Ducati hq will show tardozzi if this shit show carries on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Haha I like Dovi, but whaaaaaaat?

4. Translated as 'He cheated, thats why the old customer bike was beating me' ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'm interested in some analysis of the track conditions and bikes to see what the experts say. It seems to me that the older Ducati did well because they were always good in rain and low grip conditions?

Vinales looked like he was on a different planet. Everyone else's bike was pumping and sliding all over the place whereas Vinales just looked like he was riding around any normal grip track, quite amazing considering the people he was riding against?!

6. Never gave a rats ass about a rider's personality.

7. I think Lorenzo is an amazing rider, but as said already it never did seem a sensible move from either party, unless you class €12m a year for Lorenzo good for him (maybe he's looking for the last payday to get out the game)

I appreciate riders can / could change style, but why employ a guy specifically known for smoothness and accuracy when the strengths of your bike don't really lend itself to that style?

It just feels like Ducati will spend another year tweaking the bike and not much else. Maybe that's the intention?

Maybe it's the long game they're playing and Lorenzo knows this, and year 1 is essentially development and direction change?

I guess if Ducati decided that the previous variants all proved too wild and hard to tame for the majority of riders, then having Lorenzo head up development to change the style isn't bad for the money

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Weighing in at 15 stone, maybe I should drop I.T and have a crack at MotoGP. Kind of sounds the same and going by dovi's words I should be on rails round the bends!

9. Thought a fair chunk of of J-Lo's motivation was that he wanted to try and win the title on more than one manufacturer's bike, as done by a certain V Rossi...

10. some of the quotes over the weekend have been great. Team told him day 2 'no, we won't change the seat height again, it's not a Yamaha it's a Ducati and that's the setting it needs to work. You will have to adapt'

Then the throwing the bike down when he's already picked it up and the marshals are about to wheel it away

Vinales great ride though. And ironically doesn't look on rails like when Jlo ride it.

11. According to Crash.net's designation, all the crashers were factory bikes - that's a bit unusual. I guess the satellite boys either have last year's bikes pretty much sorted or don't feel quite the same pressure to risk it for the win. (Or they have to pay for the damage out of their own pocket)...

I hope Lorenzo doesn't do a Cal, hand his notice in and then have the best form at the end of the season...

12. He's more likely to do a Stoner and flounce off dummy-less mid-season

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information