1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Cancelled

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Broduc64, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Just seen that somebody beat me to it!

2. Congrats to Alex Lowes world superbike champion !

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You have your facts very wrong there chap. You are misinterpreting stats - look at the actual deaths - they are what matter. Coronvirus is not even a drop in the ocean to flu deaths. Use case numbers.
    So far, the new coronavirus, dubbed COVID-19, has led to more than 75,000 illnesses and 2,000 deaths, primarily in mainland China. But that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has already caused an estimated 26 million illnesses, 250,000 hospitalizations and 14,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
    https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

#43 HootOwl, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  5. Please read again what I wrote.
    What I mentioned was percentage of deaths per registered cases....not total figures.
    Other things to consider.
    China had done huge steps to stop the spread of the virus it seem the rest of the world is only starting to wake up to the real scale...See BJ's statement today. My point is that the normal flu is more and less controlled and there are threatments whilst this new coronavirus hasn't been "cracked" yet by the labs. Using your analogy how many of the 26million cases in USA would have been dead by now if infected with Coronavirus instead of the normal flu?
    No point arguing I doubt my or your opinion will be taken in consideration by Quatar officials.

#45 alexko, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. 26million cases = 14,000 deaths which means 0.0538% of cases result in death? (using your numbers)
    89000 cases = 3000 deaths which means 3.3% of cases result in death? (using todays numbers)
    These percentages are based on the number of cases which we don't know to be even close to accurate.

In Wuhan the "Official" mortality rate is 5.8% but again the accuracy of the numbers is uknown & not independantly ascessed/ confirmed

Personally I can see no obvious reason for governments of countries all around the world to be acting the way they are; if we the public have little or nothing to be concerned about. If you have some other thoughts and explanation I'd like to hear it.

7. Problem Solved

FB_IMG_1583182178095.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Problem with the coronavirus is that its unknown.

You cannot cure viruses but only vaccinate against them and there is no vaccine for coronavirus.

I suspect the Governments of the world are more concerned about the economic disaster it could cause than the deaths of people. If you read about the 1918 flu epidemic, then they still don't understand why it attacked younger adults in the way it did.

9. Let's be honest, If any of us were to die at a moto gp track, it would be due to the catering, not corona virus.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I think your missing the big picture here guys.

Historically how well have Honda run at Qatar ;)
    Who gains from the cancel of the GP ;)
    Result: Honda developed and spread the Coronavirus ;)
    You heard it here first, in 20 years Oliver Stone will be making a film about it :joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Qatar Superbikes officially off as well now

12. Screenshot_20200305_151838_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20200305_152323_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Thank you Steve, we were discussing booking Aragon in the pub yesterday afternoon/early evening and if it hadn’t been for the skinfull, I’d have booked last night. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh yes, and they have just announced that Jorge Lorenzo is coming out of retirement and wild carding at Catalunya. Bet Honda are spitting feathers. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information