1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp, Catalunya, 6th/7th June 2020

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Android853sp, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Just booked tickets for Barcelona after the best laid plans for Bruno went a bit pear shaped. Anyone else going that weekend ? Andy

2. Hi Andy,flying out on the 3rd and see the sights of Barcelona before heading upto Montmelo to watch the racing.Got tickets for 3 days in Grandstand H. Stewart

3. It's a brilliant event, been a couple of times, last one in 2016 I think, and you couldn't get a beer at the track

4. Hi Stewart, we are arriving early Friday morning and will spend Saturday and Sunday at the track in Grandstand I. Sadly due to the pressures of my girlfriends leave allowance, we are flying back late Monday afternoon. We always have a wonder at some stage during the weekend so if you make it to the retail area, we can try and say hi :upyeah:. As shakeys dad says, it’s a dry circuit but there is plenty of beer in the town as well as a bar on the station. We have run in to many a friend in that bar :D Andy

5. Your next to us then at the circuit, catch up would be great. We are flying back on the Sunday evening.
    Sounds like you been before any tips ,we are staying in town next to a train station for easy transfer to the circuit.

6. Maybe once or twice over the last 15 years :joy: Which hotel are you in ? Andy

7. Staying in the Catalonia Atenas,about 4 minute from EL Clot train station. Been to Barcelona a few times manly for stag weekends as I live near Southend On Sea the airport is 10 minutes away and so easy to use.

8. We are staying just up the Ramblas Catalana from the Placa de Catalunya so we get the train at the Passeig de Gracia. Saturday you can get a train most anytime between 7am and 9am as it’s not too busy. Sunday however is chaos as most people try to catch the 7:20 train (from P de G). At Montmelo you will be greeted by police most obviously carrying weapons or holding the lead of a nasty, barky dog and the Mossos D’esquadra are very whistle happy. The walk to the track is up through the town which will have roadside stalls with food, water, beer and MotoGP clothing of doubtful origin. The walk up from the station is about 45 minutes and make sure when you get to the roundabout outside the town which is under the motorway, follow the road straight on, do not follow the crowd heading left as that entrance is not the one you want. Maybe half a mile up the road, there is a wide track on the left that takes you to an entrance not far from the main stand. You will be searched so no beers, no cans of any sort (including suntan spray !) no glass. Plastic water bottles are fine and some people are known to try and disguise beer as Fanta. Nothing is cheap in the circuit but alcohol free beer, coffee and a variety of food stalls are widely available. We tend not to take anything with us because if it’s hot, it feels like a long walk. If you are sun sensitive, hi factor cream is essential as all but 2 of the stands have no shade, take a wide brimmed hat to shade your nose and ears and take ear plugs. On the way home, it’s great to sit at the station bar whilst you wait for one of the trains, beer is served in 750ml mugs :D Not sure what your plans are for getting to the airport on Sunday but leave a bit of extra time for possible delays on the trains and on the roads. There are a lot of people moving through Barcelona having gone to the MotoGP. IMO, it is a fabulous circuit and a brilliant weekend with a lot of atmosphere, this will be our 5th or 6th visit and we don’t tire of it. Nearer the time I’ll PM my mobile. Andy

9. Thanks Andy for the tips. Sounds like a early start then on race day. What time does the racing finish on the Sunday?

10. Depends on whether they run Moto3, Moto2 then MotoGP or MotoGP before Moto2. It’s too early for me to find a schedule but my guess would be Moto3 at 10:00, Moto2 at 11:30 and MotoGP at 13:00. Please don’t shoot me if I’m wrong though :D Andy

11. I’ve seen 1:00 for Moto Gp ,do they have support races other than Moto2 and Moto 3, not that I’m worried.Cant wait to sample the atmosphere of a Spanish GP circuit.

12. Not sure on that, the e-bikes are new since I last went but they might be Saturday. Andy

13. no.. no support races as after they have done the warm ups its a pretty full day. also they cant risk clowns trashing the track . if you've not been before you are in for a treat..
    I love the MotoGP circus . tis worth spending the money on the best seats you can get though.. I done general admission at Barcelona last year and I left before the main event due to too many fucktards and no beer...

14. I’ve only sampled Silverstone to compare with ,got good seats and to be honest not interested in the beer.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Barcelona was absolutely scorching hot last year as well. very little shade and long ques for food and drinks...
    my fav track so far would be Mugello hands down... for views of the track, atmosphere , location and surrounding roads.. a real bitch to get out of after the event though. the best bit is that if you have a weekend stand pass, you can ride ya bike around the road next to the track and park right at the bottom of ya stand! its cool.
    I liked Valencia as a circuit from the point of getting fantastic views although its a bit small and not a riders favorite.. also its a real pricey for food and drinks.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information