1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp.com Video Pass -cost Now £177.9/year

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Have you tried lately?
    I was never able to airplay BT sport but now can however this has only been off season. Am wondering when the season starts again if it’ll work with live races.

2. Glad to hear it. All the naysayers will have people believe that your getting good value for money with the likes of Virgin Media and Sky but that's simply not the case, when you strip away the bulk of the durge they include as standard. Your left with a handful of "premium" channels that you pay through the nose for...err no thanks. Oh and who the hell needs to buy a sweatshop assembled Sky Q box to record 6 channels simulateneously that they so proudly tout, unless that person has no friends/a life etc. Did I mention I don't like Sky? :D

3. I also have SkyQ o_O
    And work for Sky
    Only joking... about the working for Sky part... I do have SkyQ in two rooms :joy:

4. I can when it’s not live, it’s just live events of any kind it blocks. Like sky.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thinking of renewing for 2018. Takes some beating IMO. Got no interest in other 'sports', so it works for me.
    Got access to many previous races over past seasons as well on there.

6. I'll probably just fly to each race and watch them from a VIP trackside box this year........:p:laughing: I wish.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Anyone wanna try this... ;)

It seems in the UK we pay more for a video pass on Moto GP - nothing new here!

Use a VPN to access the Moto GP website through another country’s server and the price is reduced from 199 Euros, to 139 Euros - £125.00, Result!

Go here https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/downloads and download the VPN app.

Set it up and use it for the free time trial period.

As soon as you are up and running with the VPN - choose a server outside of the UK - I used Germany.

Then, go and buy a MotoGP video pass by logging back in to the website and you get the cheaper options, including the season pass for 139 Euros.

Once you’ve bought the video pass, log into MotoGP from any country and get the full video feed - NO VPN NEEDED ANY MORE!

Hope this helps :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Same, my ADSL is utter pants here in the mountains so I just 3/4G it to the laptop through my phone then on to the TV if I can be arsed. I've done about three years free streaming with www.totalsportek.com which always have dozens of links but this year I'm feeling frivolous so I'm gonna buy a video pass in order that Rossi and the crew can eat just that little bit better. I'm guessing about 200€ for me over here?

9. I reckon the only guy with everything tech working seamlessly in his house is Bill Gates. The rest of us have to make do with all the shit that's left over and none of it ever works properly. I've basically cancelled my subscriptions to just about everything and now even my banking app won't work.

10. Hmm, wonder what the USA pay? When I'm at work, for some reason, my avatar on here turns to a USA flag (US server possibly?) so reckon I'll join from work if Virgin stop giving BT sport.

11. Just binned BT Sport when their latest price rise put it up to over £30/month, MotoGP video pass for me going forward. Working through the archive at the moment!

Think I read somewhere that BT Sport isn’t doing very well at the moment, just done some sort of deal with Sky possibly?

12. Watch it a few days later for free. F*ck those corporate robbers!

13. Don’t mind paying a fee as long as I perceive it to be value for money, after all there is a cost to providing a service. But as soon as that perception is lost it’s time to seek alternatives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I’m on plusnet and pay them £5 a month extra for the BTSport app - with 6mths at half price. Airplay is fine to the Apple TV
    Didn’t renew the MotoGP subscription as i think its expensive even if purchased in Euros ...

15. @m@tt Thanks for the Plusnet info I was considering changing to Plusnet as I saw on this:
    B'band & line rent equiv £13.33/mth*
    PAY £210 OVER 12MTH CONTRACT, GET £50 CASHBACK

Until 11.59pm on Tue 9 Jan, new Plusnet customers, or those who've not been with it in the last month, can get a 12-month contract with BT-owned Plusnet*, which includes line rental and unlimited downloads with up-to-17Mb speed broadband. It was a strong performer in our latest customer service poll – 54% rated it 'great', only 17% 'poor'.

The deal's available to 90% of the UK based on postcode – you're told when applying if you can't get it (or use our new tool Broadband Unbundled which only shows deals available in your postcode), though you can't get it if you're already a Plusnet customer (or left in the last month). Here's how it works...

1. If you can afford to, choose to pay line rent for 1yr upfront. It works out as £197.88 for a year, equiv to £16.49/mth, after it's the standard £18.99/mth. Either way, no calls are included – See Plusnet charges.
    2. Broadband is £1/mth for 12mths. Unless you don't live in a low cost area, but most do. After the 12-month contract, it rises to £9.99/mth.
    3. Nothing to pay upfront. There's no activation fee with this deal.
    4. Get £50 cashback but you MUST claim it. Annoyingly Plusnet makes you claim your cashback. You'll get an email within 10 days of activation explaining how, and you must do it within two months. It should then arrive within 30 days.
    - Cost analysis: If you pay a year's line rental upfront, over the 12-month the net cost is £209.88 before calls, equivalent to £17.49/mth. But, claim and use the cashback, and it's then £159.88, equivalent to paying £13.33/mth. If you pay line rental monthly, then it's £19.99/mth, or equiv £15.83 after cashback.

I wasn't aware that it was possible to get Bt sport App via Plusnet, so the fiver/month with first 6 months 50% off is a good deal.

I have however renegotiated a deal with Bt for £19.50/month
    to include:
    1. unlimited broadband
    2. anytime calls
    3. Bt TV ( a already have the bt box so don't have to purchase again!)
    4. Bt sport.

so, If I get line rental for 12 months upfront,cost works out at £208.8=£17.40/month

so, total monthly cost=£19.50+£17.40=£36.90

Do Not Sell My Personal Information