1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Portugal #spoiler#

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Apr 16, 2021.

1. People said that last year. Hope he’s not using the same shrink as MV...

2. FQ’s on fire until he’s under pressure. Last season he was nailed on then lost the plot. Might get mentally stronger with age though.

3. Pedro Acosta . Fantastic. What a prospect for the future.
    MM totally destroyed at the end of that race. And not surprising of course. Long long way to go to get race fit understandably.
    Rossi. Was putting in some good lap times today ,but is unlikely to ever grace a Moto GP podium again. Sad to see.
    Vinales. Another disappointing display.

4. Didn’t see M2...how did Lowes go? No one mentioned it yet..

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chucked over the high side first corner

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. Gearbox issues for Zarco.

7. Damn! Not hurt I hope.

8. Ouch! That looks painful! May be got hooked up with another rider?! Looked like rear wheel just locked.

9. All on his own, braked too late and had to avoid running into the back of another rider and locked up. Pretty sure he uses a thumb rear brake which obviously works. Andy

10. Yeah seen a better quality clip and clearly all his own work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WTF is going on with Vinales.
    Eleventh today and 23 seconds behind his team mate. I thought he’d finally found whatever was lacking in past seasons but the guy is just too inconsistent. I remember him walking out on the Blusence moto3 team back in 2012 after a strop he’s obviously a complex character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vinales should hit up Lorenzo for the number of the coach he used to get his starts perfected.

13. Yep.

i had started a motogp fantasy league, missed the first race. Had Vinales in for secondrace...then thought, this guy just cannot ride like this all season. Proved Correct.

Really odd? Or does it just prove that a big part of high level sport is won by having your head in the right place?
    He is an obvious talent but how he shows such huge differences in form is a puzzle.

Quato lost the plot last year. He seems to have his head sorted this year though and apart from the obvious points advantage just seems to have his head in the right place. Going to take some beating and it will not be MV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Braking too late because he was trying to make up for that atrocious start!
    Terrible weekend for the few brits left really. How bored must McPhee have been?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. It is a massive part of winning at the top of most sports, even team sports. The difference in physical ability between most top competitors is negligible. You get the occasional alien in all sports, but everyone else is about the same.

Part of it is about believing that you can beat everyone else, because you are better than them. The other part is getting everyone else to believe that you are better than them. Once you start winning and can establish that mental superiority you will keep winning regularly, until something or someone comes along to change that.

16. Does anyone believe that Jack Miller is the right fit for the Ducati factory team ?

17. Well over rated, another great rider choice by Ducati :worried:
    Dovi must be laughing his head off !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I like Jack, but he's never going to win a title let's be brutally honest here, you've got FQ20, JM36, AR42, FM21, FB63 let alone MM93 all more capable of stringing a championship together. Personally I'd have promoted Zarco to the factory ride this year and although he crashed yesterday he was leading the championship until that point.

Notice I didn't include MV25 in that list, he's better than Jack but he'll never win a championship either, I'm suprised he's retained his ride on the factory M1 this year, I think they missed a trick and should have been on Frankie also, but maybe next year.

MM93 did much better than I thought he would, I guess he made up a few places when Zarco etc crashed out ahead of him and he was fairly safe with a few seconds gap to the group behind. It'll be interesting to see how his recovery pans out over the season, will he ever be the force he was previously given how he used to flirt with disaster on every corner has yet to be seen.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. I think the pressure is getting to Jack. End of really, I don’t think Ducati were wrong to pick him, but I think Zarco even with the off is showing strongly in races, he’s at the front where as miller seems to always been bashing fairings and messing around with people in 4-7th region

20. I do. He performed really well last year and would have been in contention for the championship without the DNFs caused by mechanical issues. He has had a bad start this year but he's had the arm pump issues. Yes, he made a mistake this weekend and he didn't try to make any excuses about it or deflecting the blame. I think he's perfectly capable to take it to just about anyone on the grid. I believe the current lineup is absolutely top notch with a good mix of experience and talent. Run this for a few years and do everything possible to try to snatch up Pedro Acosta if he keeps up his performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information