1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Qatar # Spoiler#

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Mar 21, 2021.

1. I didn’t find the race boring but it needs Marquez back because he’s the best.

2. He could even end up as world champion ;p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lovely and thankyou as i'd him tipped for the win yesterday, perhaps Rossi sucked up his leathers through his backside & caused him an irritation,Lol

#63 XH558, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  4. I wish we'd had the opportunity to see rossi v casey v marc on the same track together (i personally missed dovi and jorge this weekend too).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes it was certainly strange not having the Desmo rocket around the paddock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not me.
    However, I am not going to write him off just yet.
    Morbidelli was nowhere in that race, even before 46 went backwards. Was something wrong with setup on the day for the those two bikes..?
    Next weekend will be a big tell. I still do not expect him on the podium though at the next race and have thought for a while he cannot compete over a season at the level required.

On a different note, those Ducati are so fast off the line and down the straights. Wow. But Crafar made an interesting statement about that during the race, if I remember right. He said they cannot run at full, full power for long enough due to how much fuel would be used.

it also seemed that the Ducati are going to hammer the back tyres. This may negate the advantage at a lot of tracks. We see every season how some bikes have an advantage at different tracks.
    I would love to see what a fit Marquez could do on one of those things. He is still fast on tyres that have other riders dropping back at the end of a race.

Suzuki. Well, they just seem to come good towards the end of a race. If they could qualify a bit better. Both riders are capable.

Vinales. I hope he can continue the aggressive and fast riding. Consistency has been his enemy in the past. He was flying yesterday and showed the other riders how to do it.

7. Good race I thought.
    Has Jack Miller only ever got the same strategy ? Go like the clappers at the start, chew the crap out of his tyres then drop back through the pack like the proverbial stone ? Only time I predict he might do something good is in a wet race. I know the Moto Gp commentators love him ,
    but I really don’t think he’s ever going to change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rear suspension problem for Frankie

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/974167/1/valentino-rossi-franco-morbidelli-explain-qatar-race-misery

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. So qualifying 4th and finishing in the points = doesn't have it, with a rear tyre that went off ( a problem they had all weekend ) and he got punted by a KTM he couldn't recover from and beat his team mate, last years MGP runner up !!!

Here are some questions:

1. What do you do for a living ?
    2. Have you ever been in the top 1% globally of all the people that do what you do ?
    3. If the answer to number 2 is yes, has that been consistently for the last 25, going on 26 years ?
    4. Have you not only operated in your industry but actively changed it, innovated within it?
    5. Are you seen as one of the prime industry activists that has driven change and created opportunity ?

I eagerly await your response.

Is Rossi the force he once was, no, is he still relevant, yes, he is still breaking barriers down, proving careers don't need to end in the early / mid thirties, he is mentoring and teaching others, he has continued to build MotoGP so that when he does leave the grid, life after will still be all about the paddock.

Cheap pot shots like yours are typically British, lets shoot someone down because it looks like an easy shot to take, problem is I suspect you are in a glass house.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Blimey Dibble, that’s a bit of a strong reaction to a post about whether Rossi is still likely to deliver a title. Don’t think anyone would question your more reasoned points here & I’m sure Rossi’s VR46 results, teams & youth program etc will live on at the forefront of MotoGP for a long time yet, but on a bike forum, where many of us are huge fans of bike sport, I cant see why even the biggest fanboy would react like that to a question (albeit a somewhat loaded question) about bike sport.

11. Genuine question, is Rossi still on the grid because the sponsorship he brings with him, do Dorna keep him going because of what he brings to the sport, one thing for sure it’s not because his speed, put a young gun on his bike and he will be faster than Rossi. Not knocking him as the bloke has saved MotoGP over the last 20 odd years.

12. You realise he regularly finishes ahead of some of these 'young guns; whilst at the same time mentoring and educating a number of them ?

DORNA don't keep him going, he is there on merit, to qualify for a race you still have to be within x% of the pole and there are still only a handful of people on the planet capable of that.

13. It was a cheap pot shot, standard british MO in these circumstances, has he still got it ? FFS, he has never lost the ability to ride with the 10 fastest riders on the planet, is his career waning, yes, I am not disputing that, but find me anothe bike rider in their 26th competitive year that still 'has it' in the spades that VR46 has.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yes but it’s still something we can debate isn’t it? Without asking everyone who does so to be a multiple world record holder themselves in order to have the right to comment?
    I’ve never sailed on a Bismarck Class Battleship but I know a hell of a lot about it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. But the whole tone of the comment that sparked my response was one of derision, not debate, I have no issues with healthy debate ....

16. I like mass debate....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. And the late 70's would like their joke book back !!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. I am up for a good debate, let’s talk,
    Dovi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa,Crutchlow all still capable of winning on there day, all top 10 riders, things move on and as great at Rossi is, it’s time, just my opinion . Same as the championship is missing a villain that is MM, without the best rider there the whole championship is watered down, again just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Inclined to agree. Just can’t see what Rossi is going to get this year out of not competing again as he hasn’t done for many years now. Doesn’t in any way diminish what he’s done or will do in the future with his team but if he’s not at least regularly hitting podiums, what is, for VR46, the point? I do miss Jorge though. He retired too early

20. I suspect it is just his driven desire not to give up, he is still capable of running with the pack, if it weren't for his colossal achievements he would be judged differently but his health and his talent enables him to continue enjoying the world that is MGP whilst also continuing to add to his legacy by being a mentor and coach whilst still riding, what we think is irrelevant but he obviously still has that fire inside him, and is still hugely enjoying himself, maybe more so than ever where the weight of expectation has been lifted, basically he is getting to enjoy 'trackdays' at a level that no one before ever has, and thats a reflection on his attitude and his achievements.

No one is ever going to tell him to retire and why should they, he is still a huge draw for the fans, a mass following that will mourn his retirement like no other rider before him.

We all have riders we miss, in all classes, but their time has come and gone, for Vale he is in the twilight but still has the mental fortitude and the talent to be pushing in season 26 !!!! Some don't get 3 years at this level before being found out, hurt, or worse.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information