1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Styria # Spoiler #

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Tbf thats the same as it was in 2019 for gen admission and a seat so they havent bumped it up because of the obvious, which they quite easily could have done.

2. I have no issue with the pricing even though I left the emoji at the end, the emoji was to replicate XH face on reading the price.

If I was flush enough I’d take the lad along with me but he has no interest in watching the race trackside preferring to watch it on a screen in any case.

• Like Like x 2

3. Don't blame you at all!

Im not going cos i dont have a bike this year and i have many better things to do than sit in a car for 4 hours trying to get back to the m1 after it finishes.

Enjoy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Touché :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I never understand why the TV Director cuts to prolonged shots of a pit board showing gaps of +0, if it's that close, it would be evident to the viewers, and we should be seeing the close action! Not that we don't get all the gaps onscreen anyway.

And why do we have to see the shots of the crew reacting to the on track action? I want to be the one reacting to the on track action.

• Agree Agree x 1

6. To be fair I think they were trying to see if/how much the teams were warning the riders about the incoming rain.

7. £145 for race day isn't it in a grandstand, not just general entry... plus £35 to park a car, free for bikes.

8. £75 for general entry and parking on top…bejus.

9. I wonder if they charge f1 fans the same or more.
    My guess would be more, for a fraction of the entertainment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Yup ALOT more....

I've been to SS twice for F1, the first time was a freebee from Honda via Mike @Rage Designs, we were dropping an SP1 off in Castrol Colours (ala Colin Edwards WSBK) for the Honda stand, the second was for my BIL 60th birthday, no one else wanted to go (neither did I) so I went a few years ago.

I think parking was either £50 or £75 for the day on a grassy field, and the tickets for the 2nd time were a few hundred each for Sunday.... I fell asleep mid race much is my interest in F1 and SS.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I'm not sure what the crowd attendance rate's for something like this event ARE, but the numbers inside always look huge on the television, so they must have diehard fans attending every season regardless of the ticket prices.

#51 XH558, Aug 17, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  12. I stopped attending F1 in mid-90s, when it all got a bit silly, and a miserable experience for fans that were trackside, and not in hospitality.

In Mansell-era, we would walk around track after the race, and enjoy the indignity of pressing our faces up again fencing around the paddock area to get a glimpse of the drivers, and the odd wave from one. The following year, they'd put plastic sheeting up across that fencing to prevent the the hoi polloi from seeing into the paddock, and more importantly vice versa. That's when I stopped going.

At peak Bernie, it was pretty much the F1 cars and that was it. I think the new owners are actually putting on more of a show with support races, but still too pricey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've had my tickets book for months. I'm in the Ducati fan stand, going with a mate in his caravan, there for 5 days can't wait.
    Last British GP I went to was 2000 at Donington.
    Went to Mugello in 2016, and that was a whole different level totally amazing trip with my dad for his 70th. Must go back with him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I went to donnington in 2008 to watch stoner literally destroy the field. But I hate silverstone, sh8t for spectating

• Agree Agree x 2

15. Yeh silverstone is generally pretty shit unless you pay good money isn't it . I sat freezing my bollocks off at maggots/becketts one year and never felt more miserable and distant from the action and vowed never to go again.
    Woodcote - amazing atmosphere and worth every extra penny.
    Definitely not a poor mans sport and I pity anyone who has to drag/pay for the wife and kids along too.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information