1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Vs Superbike Spain Vs Uk

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by alexko, Nov 29, 2017.

1. How come they don't qualify? They are talented UK boys who learnt their trade in a sunny climate. You could send 500 youngsters from the UK to grow up in Spain, they ain't all gonna become gp riders are they!! Still gotta have the talent to start with.

• Like Like x 1

2. Not giving a kicking? You lot are only happy if you've got Valentino's balls hanging off ya chin!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Someone has to win and when you have the talent of the Marqueses of this world, everyone else will be fighting for the minor placings regardless. Sadly when the best of the British have risen to the top, invariably there has been a Doohan or a Rainey or a Rossi there at the same time. Let's not lose sight of the fact though that you ain't that shabby if you are competing at an international level, (except if your dad owns Brno) Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If anyone understands bike set up, they know why the likes of Foggy or Byrne or Rae or Lowes will not be GP winners. The chassis adjustability may as well be Mars when it comes to how far it is from a Superbike. And you don’t learn to do that unless you learn it young.

5. Good lord bradders, very occasionally you say some sense...... But that lot above is not one of those occasions. ;)

6. Go try a moto2 bike and find out for yourself ;)

7. When a moto2 rider or super bike rider stands in or gets promoted up to moto gp, they always mention brakes and tyres, not chassis adjustability . Moto3 and gp are close, moto2 are indeed quite standard bikes. But pray tell, how are gp bikes Mars compared to a WSB when it comes to set up??

8. Although not a fan of running alongside supersport class, te GP2 class may be able to really help improve things.

9. FTR has 2 for sale for the price of a V4S

• Like Like x 1
  10. I believe the article is about why Brit sponsors/race teams/managers and ACU turned the attention towards WSB in lieu of Motogp.
    Nothing to do with rider skills,no nation has in blood how to ride a bike quickly it is just a matter of spending shit loads of monies on developing talents over decades.
    If dorna is favouring spanish riders in motogp then I obviusly have to ask myself why is dorna favouriong brits in wsb...both are nonsense.
    It is actually British sponsors/race team that prefered wsb, probably due to costs.
    Just as an example on costs, couple of year ago a wsb ready 600 supersport bike was in the region of 100k a competitive 250gp bike was around 400k...guess is no brainer you needed sponsors with very deep pockets and long term commitment to run a 250 gp team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I am British and proud of it and it is my opinion as you say, its only what i feel and see, not being that educated probably didn't come across that well. I support all UK riders and like to see them do well.
    Some times i may comment on a post, rarely but i would not slag them off or make comments that may offend when I don't no the person personally. Back to the cave in Trollville W Sussex France then

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. What also doesn’t help in this country for anyone trying to get in to motorsport is sponsorship.
    I raced back in the 90’s ( production cars not bikes ) it was massively difficult to get funding anywhere - better possibly now, but I would bet we have lots of talent in this country but once parents money runs out you have to move on to a different sport.
    I made front page of Autosport but never managed much more than a tyre deal and even if you won a race the didn’t cover the cost to take part

We don’t support our youngsters to progress enough

Just my two penny’s worth

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thats true, and its seen as just funding someone else hobby.

14. or money laundering to a certain extent.....cash or nice holiday packages.
    I remember approximately 9 years ago someone I know well had to pay back 1% in cash to one of the directors* that sorted out the main sponsorship for a years racing in IRC rally series.
    * well known oil manufacturer. Funny enough they where running Motul oil in the engine not the brand that sponsored them.

It does ring a bell that Casey Stoner upset because Avintia Racing?? apparently spent more on "accommodating guests" than racing.

15. Honestly mate, you continue to feel free to comment on whatever you wish. As I said, it's your opinion and I was merely wondering what lead you to having it that's all.

No harm done, and I agree to a certain extent that some British riders might come across as though they're blaming equipment or tech in many interviews, but I dare say that's no different to the other riders from other countries which are also further down the pecking order in motogp, it's just that you don't get the British media focus on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I’m a Sweed who has been living in Spain since I’m fifteen, now I’m 51 so I’m at home here.
    Every weekend when it’s a GP if you goes to the local bar the tv is on with the MotoGP and the people are living and commenting the race with pasión, One thing is for shore, That doesn’t happen in Sweden:)
    When we make the annual bike exursion at a small island like Gran Canaria it show up more than 700bikes and the moste of them over 600cc RR type.
    I think it’s have to do with wether, pasión and culture that the country’s from the south have so big success in MotoGP.
    The kids over here start to race very early and the whole family’s takes it very serious sacrificing money and weekends year after year.
    When they are twelve years old the are pure veterans who have been in hundreds of battles on the track at more than 200km/h.
    You can’t do that in the rainy Northern Europe more than some months a year

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. I agree with your comment and like
    Yes mate agree with your comments, I'd have the same beliefs in life even if i was from another country, well i like to think so.

18. Probably my fault this thread went a bit off topic but give credit to the British WSBK riders and leon has worked bloody hard to get his results on the MV. BSB is the best superbike championship in the world.
    As for the ACU, they put a lot of money into road racing, as for other form's of bike racing the budget they supply is poor compared to what other federation pump in, ask any six day Enduro rider or team managers.
    As for sponsorship, I use to mechanic for a mate in Enduro and he was an excellent rider could have gone a long way in the sport, He got offered a deal to ride for a small off road shop , they would supply all part's/consumables & tyres, supply kit, pay entry fee's etc, all he had to do was buy there bike at cost and ride it with there name on it. The deal never went through because he thought they should give him the bike's and pay him to ride, bloody twat, personally i thought that was a decent deal so did other's and its more than a lot of riders where getting. It's not in the cost range of road racing but any form of bike racing cost money to race. I no cost me a small fortune when i raced, i mean wobbled round.
    Just another side to sponsorship expect to much take what you are given, do well and more may come.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ahem, you kinda did ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. It’s a lifestyle in spain and weather helps
    The first time I went to Cartagena at the weekend families set up cones in the paddock and kids were racing. But if you look in the uk all that’s available at your local go cart track with mini bikes. To start kids off young.
    So depending if you have talent, and lots of money you could get somewhere. Persons like myself who are not fully committed and like to race for a little fun a few times a year and maybe help fill the grid’s dont get any support. Which I discovered this year when I was kicked out of the local championship for being too quick after competing in a couple of weekend events costing me a couple of £2k to try to be fairly competitive. So I’d rather do a couple of Spanish track events instead.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information