1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorapido Break In Stolen Bike

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by bradders, Feb 20, 2020.

1. I imagine @andyb is feeling pretty beleaguered by some of the sentiments expressed in this thread (including mine), so for balance, I’ll say that police inaction is usually not down to lack of will or ideas, but lack of money and manpower. Although I’m invariably on the other side of a case than members of his former profession, I think that most police join the Force (sorry, “service”) for genuinely a public spirited reasons and I know from speaking to them, both just chatting to OICs when we aren’t in character in front of a jury and friends who used to be or still are police officers, they’re as frustrated as the general public are by the appalling lack of funding and the politicisation of policing which means they often can’t do their jobs properly.

#41 Zhed46, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. So it’s all the owners fault for not taking precautions against someone knocking a hole in the wall.

yep. Defo owners fault.

those poor crims who did it must just be misunderstood

#42 bradders, Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. I’d imagine @Zhed46 is feeling pretty beleaguered by the sentiments of this thread!
    I mean have a look how many millions is spent by Hampshire on legal aid..... or lining the pockets of greedy defence barristers advising no comment so the case runs its course.. only to go guilty at the final hurdle!
    Compare that to the 25% drop in resources... no wonder non dwelling burglary has been off the table of importance for so long nationally!

so yes I am saying take control of your own world protect that so the bad peoples go elsewhere..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. To be honest if the thieves weren’t bothered about the noise they made drilling through the wall I doubt they’d worry about finding a few drum kits and cymbals strategically placed to scupper their plans :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 8
  5. boom toosh!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Agreed not like a camera on them would have put them off FFS !!

7. At least they where careful, they cut nice straight lines and just under the pictures hanging on the wall

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Disc cutter. Again, imagine the noise.....

9. Looking at the hole bradders it doesn't look neat enough for disc cut it looks like a baby kango hammer to me either way they have some neck the dirty skum !! Just noticed my post has to be approved by a moderator does that mean I'm a bold boy :p

10. what time was it?

11. This is the only forum section that is moderated in this way simply because in the past threads like this have incited violence which is against forum rules.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cool I've never noticed before !!! I promise despite my name I'm a calm little fella :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You couldn’t be more ill informed with your tired old stereotypes if you tried. How long have you been out of the Job? I hope you weren’t a firearms officer though, as that was an example of shooting yourself in the foot. ;)

Firstly, advising in police stations is a solicitor’s job, not a barrister’s. Although a very few barristers, like me, do get their police station ticket, they rarely use it. I’ve had mine something like 8 years and I’ve done maybe 15 police station interviews. Only one was “no comment” and that was because the OIC wouldn’t give me any pre-interview disclosure and when it went to trial the judge refused to give an adverse inference direction because said OiC had acted so unfairly.

Secondly, getting your client to elect jury trial with the intention of them changing their plea at trial is an astonishingly bad idea for a number of reasons. The first and most important one is that they’d lose all their credit for pleading guilty and then once the prison lawyers told them they’d been played, they’d report you to the regulator and bring a civil claim against you for professional negligence. The second reason is that there would be no point anyway because if a defendant pleads not guilty and elects Crown Court trial but then later changes their plea, the barrister gets the princely sum of £194 as their fee for the entire case. Given that it takes anywhere from 3 to 6 hearings from PTPH to the first day of trial, their cunning plan would have meant they worked for between £32 and £65 per day.

Thirdly, greedy? Are you sure about that? Legal aid fees are at 1978 levels. When I used to do crime, some winters I couldn’t afford to heat the ground floor of my house. My former pupil earns between £50 and £125 per day, if she’s lucky. I have a mate who is at the absolute top of his game in a really good set of Chambers and he grossed £46k last year. So after chambers rent and clerks’ fees, that’s about £38k before tax. That sort of remuneration is not uncommon.

It does always make me laugh when I hear police slagging off defence barristers though, because the moment one of you oversteps then mark and it turns out that the guy didn’t just fall down the stairs or the seized drugs weren’t accidentally lost in transit, only the best silks will do for the officer’s defence.

If you re-read my other post you’ll see that I was actually trying to stick up for you/yours. Still....sigh...it just goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished :confused:

#53 Zhed46, Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. I know, hard to believe that no one heard that, those big petrol diamond blade cutters are so noisy , also cavity wall so you can’t cut it just in one cut , then big hammer to smash it out

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. B0DD9864-C4C2-4C86-9462-399D5ED79200.png

YEAH! And petrol should be 80p a litre :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Smokecloak was a good product as is Smartwater that sprays the crims when entering a premises when they shouldn’t have.
    Fully appreciate that this adds a greater financial burden to the owners.

17. Niko wouldn't be the brightest fella I'd say o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. As it looks too be a professional or an inside job ... It is all ready inside a shipping container headed for Russia or Mexico where it will be retitled , rekeyed and sold ... It will never be recovered once it leaves the country ... Sorry

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Look closer - the blocks have been cut cleanly and then just the corners smashed out - the plasterboard is smashed but you can even see the complete wall section in the background - nice and neat.

EDIT: I have changed my mind - really need to get new glasses! Not a disc cutter - they just went in along the mortar line at the top - still a nice neat job - and kept the dust down!

Let’s not credit them with being too bright - a taller - thinner hole would have been more stable and made it easier to get the bike out.

#59 LiveFast......, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  20. But a taller hole would’ve cut through the pictures...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information