1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorbikes 1968 (ish)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by blufoot, Jul 11, 2012.

1. My step dad used to ride bikes a while back and he recently scanned some old negatives and i thought some of you might appreciate them.

All taken around 1968-70 in Lydden, Kent... Brands Hatch and some from Crystal Palace. His mate Bobby Weston on a Norton 650SS (Number 72) and a few others.

Bad ones of Brands with big boys like Mike Reid, Bill Ivy and Mike Hailwood (on works Honda no.1), one with Reid showing off pulling a wheelie on his way back to paddock.

My stepdad's 500 Tiger 100 SS at the back of Continental Motor Cycles (Woking?) circa 1967-1970 which was renamed Two Wheels Happening around 1969ish selling Vespa, Lambretta, Honda (up to 250cc), Ducati (up to 250cc - 1st in the country with new models).

Enjoy...

https://picasaweb.google.com/spanishapartments/Motorbikes1968Ish

• Like Like x 2
  2. What great pics! Thanks for posting 'em up...:upyeah:

3. Nice old pictures, they bring back memories, Reid, Hailwood, Redman, Ivy (R.I.P.) were all favorites when I was a lad. I remember Phil Reid at Mallory when he came out of the pitts to start a race he would always come back round devils elbow to the hairpin ( before the bus stop chicane was introduced) to clear the bike out then wheelie back down to the start line, the crowds loved it.
    Thanks for the memories Steve.

4. Theyre well before my time but I love lookin at old pics too, i think i'm going to get some of the framed and put on the wall. He might have a few more and is searching at the moment, if heuploads more i'll let you know.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information