1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Friendly Cafes

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by steeve, Apr 11, 2018.

1. The ace-cafe is not a real biker cafe. It's just a place where londoners go because they can't be arsed to actually ride outside of the m25 circular. Almost like they don't wish to see windy/twisty lanes & experience the amazing vista's the Britain/IoM/Scotland/Northern Ireland/Wales have to offer & the odd weirdo islanders spotted around our shores..like Isle of wight!

Loonies as its know by the locals & A5 super sausage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Bloody busy on Sunday mornings

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel Horse Cafe Abergavenny on the old road between Abergavenny and Raglan

4. 5 minutes from my house :D

5. Sure we’ll catch up in the summer :upyeah:

6. Cafe Newt at Motocorsa Gillingham (Dorset)

7. Not so much a bikers café, but if you are on a ride out near Stratford on Avon try Alcester, old school high street with on street parking and 4 cafe's/coffee shops all independent with outside seating, so you can watch the world go by and keep a eye on your bike.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Old Fire Station in Tomintoul is biker friendly. Bacon sandwich and a coffee and some cracking roads to get there.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. As us Southerners seem to be in the minority, let me chip in with some reasonable places for a destination / meeting place or stop off:
    Bury Hill, near Arundel (Whiteways cafe), reasonable breakfast food, lovely location, broad spectrum of bikers
    Billys on the A29 north of Billinsghurst - great food, friendly to bikers, but not really a bikers meet as such
    Sea Lane cafe - Goring - right on the beach - very family oriented and difficult to get a table in the summer unless you get there quite early (before 9 am)
    Chalet cafe - Cowfold lot of bikes for its size on Sundays
    Goodwood Airport cafe - not been for a while - popular with petrolheads
    Loomies has been mentioned, packed out on Weds evenings and Sundays and always interesting bikes. Food average and attracts a lot of police (not my favourite)
    Box Hill - ok, but a shadow of how it used to be sadly!
    And nearly forgot - Newlands Corner... popular with classic bike fans and dog walkers - great scenery, busy roads

#30 cl955, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  10. There is one I pass when going down the A21 to Hastings called Route 1066 Cafe, near Robertsbridge TN32 5JH

11. They are all coming back to me in a flood of nostalgia now... Rye Harbour - good roads nearby. Ogri's now called the Wessons cafe in Horam - food was great - not been for a while though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 2 to add, not particularly biker friendly but never been turned away - The Hummingbird cafe at Brighton City Airport (Shoreham by sea) a bit hard to find but worth it for views and airplane action. The Pilot's Hub cafe at Redhill Aerodrome, similar good views. Food good at both last year.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Here are a few in herts/beds/bucks that I have been to. A mix of pubs, tea rooms and the like and while not aimed at bikers specifically always very friendly and good food each time I have been . All serving from breakfast onwards :-

Waffle House St Albans AL3 4SJ White Horse Harpenden AL5 2JP
    Scald End Farm Shop Keysoe MK44 2DP, close to the Bedford Autodrome
    Jordans Mill Biggleswade SG19 9JY. Lovely riverside setting here. Hexton tea rooms SG5 3JD
    Brownlow Cafe in Ashridge Estate HP4 1LX . Baldock town centre, loads of places here.
    Krazy Horse Bury St Edmunds is great too .
    And one I have been meaning to try, The Carrington Arms in Moulsoe MK16 0HB

#35 dukesox, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  14. Dropped into the Bike Shed Sunday.

http://thebikeshed.cc/

Passable breakfast and good coffee. Museum part was under construction and shop had high priced stuff for sale. Café Racers and custom "scene" is not my thing so I shall not be troubling this venue again

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seems like these flying types are onto something :grinning:

16. Now you mention it the Compton Abbas Airfield cafe is pretty good as well. When you can find a seat.
    Certainly biker friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ducati SS meet has been held there the last few years, they have always made us welcome

Do Not Sell My Personal Information