1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Museum At Greenford To Close.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chris, Oct 7, 2019.

1. There's some nice toys on that auction list

2. Some beautiful old bikes there, such a shame when places like that close.

3. this sucks... 5 mins from where i live and i drive past most days yet ive only been there 3 times in the 8 years ive lived here, the last time 2 months ago. a really cool place it was.
    ive allways been amazed how quiet it is, very rarely see cars or bikes in the carpark on the few days a week it was open. most locals ive spoke to about the place never knew it existed..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Now if it was a Costa coffee house or a Iphone outlet............:thinkingface:
    The only one i've ever visited is the Sammy Miller one in Hampshire.

5. Unfortunately chiz people like me are guilty of not visiting these places enough. Talk about it but when it comes to it there’s always a million more things too do. Shame really

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Exige is preparing for the auctions. :bucktooth:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not as fat as that, taller too and a little balder :thinkingface: and I only have £2 coins as loose change :rolleyes:

8. :thinkingface:

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I thought he was getting the money out, before he threw the sofa out to make more room for a new toy

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Finally got around to visiting the LMCM on 30 October, after having meant to for years. Sad that it's closing down.

The whole setup is a bit amateurish and basic, in a rather endearing kind of way. British bikes, mainly Triumphs but plenty of other makes too. If you liked pushrod Triumph twins and triples, including racing and unusual specials, you would be in clover.

Many of the bikes are not chromed, enamelled, and polished to death, but have retained original patina. I like that.

#11 Pete1950, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Any investment Ducati available?

12. The only Italian bike in the museum is one 50cc Minarelli. So no. A couple of bevels, but they are Velocette KSS.

13. There is an 888 and a 916 bp in the auction..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wouldn't mind that 66 Triumph if only i could get a advance loan from that recent lottery winner.:thinkingface:

15. Or get your hand in your own pocket :eyes:

16. That's great advice coming from a Yorkshireman.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I do seem to spend all mine on motorcycles :thinkingface: but not on much else :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. just the other day someone mentioned at least a dozen ladies who would vouch for that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. My wife gets all my lady money :innocent:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information