1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcyclist Claims Polite Vest "ruined My Life"

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigeleeezzzz, Jun 12, 2019.

1. I see quite a few women/ girls wearing them whilst riding horses. I think of it as a tongue in cheek joke from horse/ female combo, but guys who wear them on their bikes are irritating wankers...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. That's so sexist!

Correct, though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think I'm right in saying it was horse riders that started the trend

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. The only place I've seen them for sale was in Countrywide, that horsey emporium that's now gone to the wall. Why try and imitate a police officer FFS?

5. In my experience, a lack of self esteem so has a need to feel important which ironically in this case, has had the total opposite affect. Andy

6. Unpopular opinion:

People wear "Polite" vests because they want other road users to pause, pay attention and think carefully about what they are doing .... just like they would if it were a real police officer involved.

That would make the actions of these "Polite" folk a little more understandable.

I'll get me hi-vis coat.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I hope it's got "POLITE" on the back ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hate to crush your hopes but ... nah, kidding.

Loving crushing your hopes : o )

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. As long as it aint me nuts...:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'd better stop hanging around in kebab shops..Don't want my life ruined.

11. Well, if he was or was not done for impersonating a police officer, on an ex police bike but not marked up. How the feck to safety camera van operators get away with being civilians in a fully marked up van with friggin police written all over the bloody thing ?
    p.s. people with Polite vests on are knobs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. 54BD5A76-9CD6-4ED3-8A34-312A91EB026E.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. Agree, but what about him with the fake police car :thinkingface:

15. For me the obvious part,and even on a bike I've noticed it, drivers/riders whilst on their journey, many go into a zone that lacks concentration, but almost all have a sudden jolt when they think they see plod.

If your aim in wearing that stuff is to give you the best chance of getting from a2b with out getting knocked off by a smidsy, then I'd guess it is quite successful

If you continue to wear it once off the bike when there is no need , you do tend to make yourself look silly.

16. Is that car in your workshop as a low miles special edition :thinkingface::D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. On a horse, entirely justified imho. On a bike, you should have your kit burned at the stake along with the owner.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. near me the horsey types have attached 'SLOW horses' signs up on the warning sign for bends.....fact is there are more motorcyclists, cyclists and even pedestrians that go up and down this piece of road. What makes that one particular road user more important than the others? in true equality style there should just be an all inclusive hazard sign up.....oh hang on ..there is! Self important idiots!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information