1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorway Bike (60 Mile Round Trip)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by killjoy, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Any recommendations? Bored of being sat in traffic for over an hour each way and the Hypermotard isn't really ideal for long motorway sessions! Thought about a Multistrada, but the costs are quite high for something that I just want to plod up and down the motorway 6 days a week!

Just to make it more complex, needs to be something quite big as I'm 6ft 5!

2. Suzuki Bergman 400cc scooter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Suzuki V Strom? Cheap to buy and maintain, comfy, has some luggage for your marmalade sandwich and fleshlight.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Not quite what I had in mind Bob! :joy:

5. Adventure style them aren't they? Could be a contender!

6. BMW RT 1200

7. Ducati ST2 or ST3. Cheap to buy, big tanks and will do the job with ease.

8. BMW F650GS or 800 version?

9. Get out.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. You get out as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. This :upyeah:

12. I used to get tennis elbow badly on mine after an hour in the saddle. If I was out all day, I could barely drive for 2 days

13. For 30 mile one way trips? Waste of a capable tourer.

14. Honda Blackbird cheap as chips, 100% reliable comfortable good weather protection and still blindingly quick

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Would a scooter (even a maxi scooter) actually be suitable on the motorway though!?

16. Treat yourself to a big boys bike the multi-enduro. Laps up around 370miles per tank of steady cruise control riding. I only tend to use my rat bike a F800GS for bad weather & winter hacks now.

You only live once

17. See now I do like that idea but I also don't want my daily hack bike to cost more than my new Hyper :joy:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Been doing some research last couple fo days, and yes, they seem capable of the speed needed. Lost of storage spaces, the leg coverall things when its wet, and lots have ABS and heated grips built in and some like BMW IIRC has cruise control and ASC

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 96012514-58A5-4217-8623-3FE669667A5D.png Bobby Davro on the ukgser site. Quite big so you won’t look like a monkey on a tricycle.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information