1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorway Bike (60 Mile Round Trip)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by killjoy, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Ridden one of these and could not stop laughing the whole time.

I'd have one for m-way munching.

2. Early air cooled multi. Cheap, surprisingly capable, full of character and not as ugly as the later water cooled ones.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I got acid reflex when you mentioned the Mk1. Ugly enough to stop Continental Drift in its tracks.

Yay! I helped!

4. Another shout for a Bergman etc, if you are commuting into London or similar there is no way I would be using my MTS, as it WILL get damaged, nicked etc, scooter has all the acceleration you jeed inntown and is plenty fast enough on the Mway, with storage to boot. But if I had a 30 mile commute i would be looking for some nice roads to ride, thats why we love bikes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Mt09 tracer

6. Honda NC750X

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Versys, probably only last 1 winter though

8. Rode one of these for a few months after my 750SS was trashed by a H&R. Dull as dishwater but easy enough to ride. Better lights than the 'SS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. i had one as a courtesy bike, its almost an insult to call it a motorbike, but it was nice and narrow and my feet could touch the floor, so great for city commuting. But who the hell could buy this for pleasure???

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Got to agree with buying one for Pleasure. But I use one everyday for work and its brilliant for that job. I am getting around 75mpg and with the 8000 mile service intervals I will only need one service every 11 months. Cheap as chips new and plenty of good second hand ones around.

ETEC

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. if you're looking for cheap, then you can't go wrong with some late 90s metal - zzr600 or 1100's, Thunderace or thundercats.

All will be built to go to war with. Deauville's are another one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Fazer 600 (probably the carb version)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. If it was just cheapness and 75 miles per gallon, low cost, great storage and ultra reliable then as mentioned earlier, a Honda NC750X but if you wanted some oomph then a 20 year old blackbird carby/early injection for around 2k with a build quality even Honda don't do anymore, would be my choice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 750X was actually at the top of my list, but I kid you not the insurance was over £2,000!

Considering I pay less than a quarter of that for a Hyper, absolutely f***ing not you thieving b******s!

15. Thought about a Guzzi? I know that they can do big mileage and are cheap - plus shaft drive. I think that if it was me then I'd look at a BMW 800 twin with the belt drive if I was sensible BUT a Guzzi Stelvio if not! They are a bit heavy on juice though, whereas the BMW has a much smaller tank but is miles more economical..

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seriously, buy the multi on sale here for 1495!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Have you got a shortlist yet?

18. 2nd the Guzzi
    Something decent spec around 6k
    Shaft drive. No nonsence motoring that will not break the bank.
    Also TDM 900

Varadero 1000 thirsty. Caponard..also thirsty. Good value though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Shout out for the XJ900F. Excellent for the job you have in mind.

I miss mine terribly, 58k miles of sheer looney fun before it was murdered by a Vauxhall Astra.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information