1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorway Service Station Fuel Prices

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Often carry a jerry can of fuel when in the car or van and several years ago I bought a couple of 2ltr plastic fuel bottles from Heine G when they were in the throes of closing, 4ltrs wont get me very far but hopefully far enough to avoid ripoff pricing if the need arises.

2. BTW its no different abroad. This isnt “rip off Britain’.

€1.50 plus for regular crap fuel, a sarnie for a fiver, crisps near 2 quid. A quid for a piss!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Added to which on a network of toll autoroutes as in france you'd have to pay to get off and on again so more of a captive market.

Not sure if leaving and rejoining the autoroute mid journey winds up costing more but would imagine that it does.

4. Ivr only ever used them when travelling with Pete. Otherwise always avoid

5. Take it or leave it but stop the moaning the forum is getting full of Corbyn’s moaning about anything be more up beat, ride your bike and be happy.
    Just remember this is a bike forum and not a time of the month forum:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yes , there are always choices .

When you're down to your last spoonful , you can choose to ignore the petrol station that is coming up .
    Then you can choose to push the bike home , or choose to leave it there and walk ....

:):laughing:o_O

@Bumpkin
    French motorways have some nice touches :-

Display boards on the side of the road showing the next 3 or 4 petrol stations along with the name of the fuel company , the distance , and accurate current prices for petrol and diesel , and the prices DO vary .
    The driver can choose a price based on urgency .

The " Aires " are fantastic ( motorway rest areas ).
    There's nothing for sale , but there are free toilets , which are constantly cleaned , and even showers as you get further south !
    They are set well back from the road and usually have trees to screen you from the noise and fumes , plus plenty of tables and benches .

French tolls are very high , so they are not actually " free " , but they are really nice places to eat , rest up , relax and recuperate .

7. Sometimes a shagging van also, normally an old Renault master. Although these services offered aren't free.

8. I dont understand why anyone would use them. for anything. Its not like we live in a huge country with a lack of options. turn off any junction and into the nearest town and use a station with "normal prices"

The only reason I can see you needing to use a Mway filling station is for one of 3 reasons.
    1. You dont care as you are minted or its on expenses/ company fuel card.
    2. Laziness in either filling up before you get on or pulling off to find a reasonable priced station
    3. Shit planning of your trip where you enter the Mway without enough fuel to get off it without filling up.

9. It's because of the fluoride in the water. Makes people dimmer & less aggressive to adverse things, which the farming community also do too cattle livestock. And the government now do to the population from the ww2 internment camp studies to appease anger. People get set into a routine or rhythm & they rince & repeat quite numbed too logical or critical thinking steps to fiscal awareness.

People eat ice-cream on hot days making their bodies actually feel worse. The correct thing to do is drink hot stuff to stabilize or level up you're temperature. To name but one'

10. I suspect the explosion of ecstasy in the late 80's/90's was somehow 'sponsored'

11. Mrs B refuses to accept this. Last week, while she was having cold drinks, I was on hot coffee.

#31 bradders, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  12. Logic between the sexes has parallels to the north and south poles....

13. What is a “come” drink please?

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Glad autospell (i.e. we know what you wanted to say, so will ignore what you typed) added an e on the end...

#34 bradders, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Most of you use sat nav with your bikes I believe, is there a function under the poi's to select supermarket petrol stations?

16. It’s a effort vs time vs convenience thing. No different to the car.

17. Yeah, tried this in France around 3 years ago - off the autoroute, guided down the smallest local roads to 3 non-existent fuel stations under POI, eventually ran out on a downhill section which as luck would have it had the only Carrefour for about 10 miles - with a fuel station, result !!

18. Spot on @Harry Bell , if I went into this you'd probably add me to a block list. However just like the cia did/does by filtering drugs into Northern America to destabilize certain communities & fund their own black-operations in Latin America. The british establishment has done the same!

Now that China & Russia are helping foist stability on countries in Latin America & Africa. Who'd of thunk it that funding terrorists & coups against neighbours by cia_scumbags & politicians in usa_fascistland would help push those nations. Into the hands of supposedly 'despotic dictatorship funding' BRICs members who build roads/bridges (that don't fall down)/train lines & general infrastructure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. As they say 'be careful what you wish for' another thread with comments about Iran is definitely case in point.
    Don't worry, no block from me - I am a free man (I think??)
    I mentioned FBI drug running at work when the conversation turned to US arming south American gangsters - nobody wanted to believe that would be the case, funny old world

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information