1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Maker Recommendations For Ipad

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Nov 9, 2018.

1. This is what you need. I have one for my original iPad, and it worked great for photos and videos. Also worth noting apple iOS doesn’t always support the most used formats, so make sure the format is supported.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. One on order, being delivered hopefully on Tuesday . Sussed out why I couldn't get my video transferred. I had download the FinalCam app on my ipad. FinalCam don't work on an ipad, works on an iphone though.

Just seen this regarding the "format"

If you’re remotely interested the extension created by the file is a quicktime compatible .mov file. The code is h.264 and the sound is recorded in linear PCM. So opening a file on my Mac defaults to Quicktime but, of course, it will play on other players such as VLC and uploading to youtube does not require prior conversion.

#22 CRYSTALJOHN, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  3. ipad.jpg Received my card reader from Amazon this morning. Plugged in to my ipad expecting it to simply transfer the video from my sd card to my ipad, but not having any luck doing this. Little bit of research reveals this is not straightforward apparently. Files need to be in a 8 digit configuration ( how can I rename them using my ipad when I not able to see them on my ipad ( catch 22 situation).
    Foolishly I thought this was going to be easy. How naive am I?
    Fire3500 or/and Bradders is it possible you might assist me please.

I renamed one of the video files and called it bikeride.mov using my windows laptop, but still nothing showing on my ipad!

the lousy photo shows all that i see on the ipad with sd card plugged into the card reader and then plugged into my ipad.

#23 CRYSTALJOHN, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  4. Not sure about iPad but with iPhone ‘converter’ cables they often have an app associated with them.

Is there a ‘Files’ app on the iPad ?
    If so can you see the files in that ?

5. Pretty sure there is no need for any app to use with the cable.
    I can't see any sign of my video files that are on my SD card.
    Can see them and indeed play them on my windows laptop so I know they are on there.

6. Thanks Alan
    I will have to abandon my plans as I travel light in India, seems like I would need another computer to do what is required to get the video from the camera onto the iPad!

7. Apple can certainly be a pain in some ways.

Only other way would be to use the apeman as a remote camera and record directly on the iPad - but would mean carrying the iPad too ( that’s if you had any luck in the end with the app )

8. No way I can carry the ipad when I am riding in the jungle.
    I get so pissed off trying to do stuff with computers, it don't make me any happier, so it seems futile to try.
    project abandoned ffs. Anybody want to buy an Apeman camera , used once for 20 mins, and a card reader lead?

9. I think it will be possible to do what you need.
    Hopefully someone with an iPad will be able to advise better.

Maybe try a generic app like iUSB - I’m sorry I can’t vouch for an app that might help you.

@bradders or @Fire3500 can perhaps suggest an app ?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. You looking to simply wifi the video John? What iPad model do you have and does the apeman had an SD card? I have an old card-receiver that plugs in you can have if any use (ie before the latest models with the firewire charger)

Otherwise, video can be a big file to bluetooth, too large fro a safe and successful transfer. You could record it in sections (maybe a setting that splits into 3min at a go like dash cams do). Or you'd need to have both devices on a wifi somewhere

11. don't let it put you off filming John - surely you can plug in endless memory cards and then sort out file adapting when you get back to UK?

12. Paul I cannot wi fi the content of my SD card from the Apeman camera as the Finalcam app does not work with an iPad.

I have an iPad air2

The Apeman does have an SD card. I bought a couple of 32Gb.

I'm leaving tmw, thanks for your offer.

I don't have the temperment to bugger about with F' computers!
    Things either work or they don't.

13. Chris are you going to supply me with these endless SD cards?

14. Thank Higgy
    Tried that nothing happening except my high blood pressure.
    Abandoning all attempts at getting it working. it doesn't agree with me.
    I just wanna ride my bike'

15. I would if they were the same as the ones wot I have kicking around - 64Gb should be more than enough? - I look forward to seeing the footage Mr Spielberg.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you plug the SD adapter into the iPad then you can import videos directly to your camera roll. iMovie will see them from there and you can edit them and then export to YouTube or wherever.

TBH I gave up on cheap cams and just use GoPro now. They just work and they film in MP4 format.

So do a little test film with your Apeman. Pull the SD card and put it in the adaptor and plug into the iPad. Import it and have a quick faff with a test file. You can film, then import at the end of the day. Edit down the footage or upload it unedited to dropbox / Google drive / YouTube and then clean your card, go again next day .job jobbed. You don't need additional software or hardware beyond your camera, an SD adapter and your iPad with iMovie on it. :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. To import from your SD card or digital camera, follow these steps:

1. Connect the adapter to your iOS device.
    2. Connect your digital camera to the adapter by USB or insert an SD card.
    3. Photos should automatically open to the Import tab. If it doesn't, open Photos and tap Import.
    4. Tap Import All to import your content, or tap specific items, then tap Import.
    5. When the import is complete, you might be asked to Keep or Delete the media on the camera or SD card.
    You can import content only to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can't export content to an SD card or digital camera.

If you don’t see the import option
    If you don't see the Import tab, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your digital camera is on and in the correct mode to export images.
    2. Disconnect the adapter, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect it.
    3. Unplug the digital camera or SD card, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect.
    4. Restart your iOS device and turn your camera off and back on.
    5. If one is available, test with a different digital camera or SD card. If you can import media with a different digital camera or SD card, there might be an issue with the data on the camera or SD card. Try to import the data to another device or computer, then use your digital camera to format—or reset—the SD card. Reformatting will erase all the images on the SD card. Check the manual for your digital camera for more help.
    If you can’t import some content
    Apple camera adapters can import multiple types of media files from your digital camera or SD card. If the format isn't compatible with iOS, you won’t be able to view them on your device, but can import them to your computer later.

Apple camera adapters can import only content that was captured by digital cameras. You might not be able to import content that was renamed, edited, or copied to the digital camera or SD card.

[​IMG]

Supported SD cards and image-transfer protocols
    • Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP)
    • Mass Storage Device protocol
    • SDSC
    • SDHC
    • miniSD
    • microSD
    • MMC
    • SDXC
    Flash or USB thumb drives aren't supported for image importing.

If you're using a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, these iPad models transfer data at USB 3 speeds:

• iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
    • iPad Pro 10.5-inch
    • iPad Pro 12.9-inch
    All other adapters and iOS devices use USB 2 speeds.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0794QS...t=&hvlocphy=9045575&hvtargid=pla-432961072075

You'll find one local for a quid no doubt, this is what you are looking for

Do Not Sell My Personal Information