1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Maker Recommendations For Ipad

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Nov 9, 2018.

1. @Fire3500

"If you plug the SD adapter into the iPad then you can import videos directly to your camera roll. iMovie will see them from there and you can edit them and then export to YouTube or wherever. "

Done that, understand what's meant to happen and how to do it.
    My reality is, when I plug my adaptor into the iPad insert the SD card that has a 20 min video on it it's not showing anywhere on my I pad. I know the video( which is in .MOV format) is on there cos I can watch it on my laptop. I suppose I could have a faulty card reader! I got the one you put a link to.

2. You have to be able to open it. Have you opened the photos app or the files (latest iOS)?

Or, if you can load direct to dropbox or google drive, you can import from there

3. Don't know if of use...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. @Fire3500
    Where things apear to fail is step3
    1. Photos should automatically open to the Import tab. If itdoesn't, open Photos and tapImport.
    2. All I see is what I tried showing in my lousy photo of iPads screen.
    3. I tap the blue import button but nothing's happening!

5. Paul I have spent several hours following u tube instruction videos, nothings happening mate!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. time to rest John..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'll try again when I'm in India head frazzled ATM
    Thanks for all your help everyone, very much appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Could it be the resolution? Looks like 1080 30fps may be max it can manage/register. You running 60fps?

The iPad natively supports many of the common video formats used today, including H.264, MP4, M4V, MOV, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG. By default, these play in the iPad's Videos app. The iPad does have limitations within these formats. For example, H.264 videos are limited to 1080 pixels and 30 frames per second.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Not related to my issue, but just had some good news, Mate who's already in India just Whatsapped me to let me know that he's got my bike out of where it's stored, fitted my battery (that's been looked after by someone else) kicked the kickstarter a few times to circulate the oil, turned on fuel tap, pressed starter button and it fired and ran perfectly immediately. Which is what it's done for the previous 10 years I've owned it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. took some video with my other conventional camera, pulled the card out , plugged it into the card reader, I pad recognized the video and was available to be edited with imovie.

So, it appears my problem is not with the card reader. The video I took with the conventional camera was in MP4 format.

Seems that the format the Apeman camera creates (.MOV) isn't compatible with an ipad, or possibly I have it on the wrong settings?

11. @bradders
    "The iPad does have limitations within these formats. For example, H.264 videos are limited to 1080 pixels and 30 frames per second."

Paul, I need to check this I think, not sure how many fps at the moment!

12. Sounds like you’ve found the issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Finally resolved my problem and found a way,albeit complex, to get my .MOV format video onto my ipad.

firstly create a folder named DCIM on the micro sd card that the 'apeman' camera uses.
    Then change the name of the video files that the apeman camera uses from whatever they are called to anything as long as it has exactly 8 characters, eg: 00000001, bollocks, bikeride, etc.

Then place the newly renamed file into the DCIM folder, the ipad will now accept the video for upload onto the ipad.

Don't ask me how or why this works, I found this solution via utube.

Next issue I am dealing with is taking hours to upload my apparently rather large files to utube. It ain't easy!

@bradders thanks mate, I just rewatched the video you posted to help me , can't recall why I didn't realize at the time that it was the solution, I think my head was frazzled at the time.

#53 CRYSTALJOHN, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Glad it’s sorted, looking forward to seeing some now :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nice you got sorted and always like it when people finish the story! :)

Nice one, have a good Christmas. Thanks for updating :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information