movie review thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by paulfastbikes, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Do not get your hopes up for approval in a second they will still say lego movie is better.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. 5 from me for now, not in order.

Mad Max 2
    Great Rock n Roll Swindle
    Long Good Friday
    Midnight Express
    The Man Who Fell To Earth

• Like Like x 3
  3. 5 more.

Sexy Beast
    Deer hunter
    Saving Private Ryan
    Gladiator
    Apocalypse Now

All films I'll watch more than once.

4. Oh mad max...yeah take that

5. no one mention apocolipto. deffo in top ten

6. Hell no a half naked guy running .........

7. might go see Fury at the weekend , I do like a good war film

Although Salisbury cinema is shonking :Arghh:

Southampton a bit far but worth it

8. or i might just go see the new turtles film :Inpain:

9. Nope I am back to Family guy x10 :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Finally watched The Amazing Spiderman 2 yesterday. Typical superhero fare, bit long, but enjoyable

11. Escape Plan. Its a Stallone and Arnie film so you know exactly what to expect. Good fun for 100+mins

12. 1 - Star Wars - Original 3 but Empire Strikes Back is best
    2 - Any Ealing Comedy - Passpost to Pimilco being a fave or Kind Hearts and Coronets or Lavender Hill Mob. Old lady in it was fantastic and the scene with Frankie Howard, the horse and her made me belly laugh.
    3 - Anything with Alistair Sim in it - The Green Man probably. Alistair was one of our finest charactor actors and its a tie between him and Alec Guiness as to whom is my fave.
    4 - Spagetti Westerns - Fistfull of dollars. Dont upset his Mule
    5 - Coen Brothers film - Any of them but maybe - O Brother where art thou - cracking yarn and great song too
    6 - Little Miss Sunshine - sublime - i adored this film
    7 - 2001 - Brilliant. Read book if you need help, book is easier and is actually a good read.
    8 - Zulu - Classic
    9 - Quadrophenia - because it influenced my youth
    10 - Made in Britain - Because its how I saw the world back then as a kid in a home myself and Tim Roth is brilliant in it. Its a bit close to my truth.

13. I did love Made in Britain - hilarious if sad.

14. Looking forward to Fury.
    I do love a Tank film...[​IMG]

15. I hope it doesn't tank, I enjoy Brad Pitt films.

16. It was good , very good

No story line but hey ho

Only thing that spoiled it was LeBoufe, kept thinking bumblebee was about to come to the rescue

17. If you like war films, "Fury" was well made with great special effects, and somewhat derivative of Saving Private Ryan - no spoilers for those planning to see it.

It made me aware of the claustrophobic conditions endured by tank crews and I'd expect it to be an Oscar contender for a few categories next year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oscars Wtf man for what. He was as good in that as in titanic shit acting.

19. Titanic was a Transformers movie????

20. Erm, the Oscars don't just cover acting - as far as I know, there are special effects, music, make-up, direction, screenplay, costumes and a few others

Do Not Sell My Personal Information