1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Broadband Providers.... Help

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, May 1, 2019.

1. Yesterday we moved from Home Telecom to Now TV (part of Sky).
    Last night I realised our phone number was no longer receiving calls.
    A quick call to my mobile saw that the number had changed.
    Since we had clicked "RETAIN EXISTING NUMBER" I wrongly assumed this was a temporary issue.
    This morning I've been frantically calling both companies to find out what happened and to get the old number transferred.
    NowTv are insisting that we DIDn't click retain number, when I know we did.
    They say that we should have checked the order carefully, but since they have never told us the new number I wouldn't have seen it as an error.

Has anyone on here "lost" a number during a transfer and then successfully got it back?

**UPDATE**
    NowTv have just admitted that the original number could NEVER have been transferred across!!! Which may explain the two different install dates given a week apart at the beginning of the order process...... BUNCH OF A'holes!!!

They suggest "that we go back to HomeTelecom and say that someone unauthorised did the transfer and we want are old number back"...... I said that's not the way I roll.... "well that's the only way we can get the number back".....
    GRRRRRRR:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#1 AirCon, May 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2019
  2. Yes - we lost our "sexy" number when we moved. Apparently if your number was previously done via copper wire/cable and you move to a fibre area then you can't keep the same number.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. We also had this issue a few years back...
    Installed a new line and ported over the number... cost over £280 in total charges...
    I've now googled this issue and it appears to be VERY common with Sky/Now TV...
    Just switched back to Home Telecom, who are doing their best to get hold of the number.

#3 AirCon, May 1, 2019
  4. The robbing bastards!! :mad:

5. And you'll have this to look forward to all over again when you move to the new Mansion. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I'm going to live in tent in the woods......:mad:
    Hang on does that mean I'll have to get a scrambler? :eyes:

#6 AirCon, May 1, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information