1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Moving On And Thanks.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Don't leave the Forum

upload_2017-10-7_12-6-22.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Aprilia’s do seem to have a habit of letting their engines go pop.

3. Yeah as do big Ducatis unfortunately

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I'm lucky to have an RSV4 Factory APRC 2012. It is an amazing bike and very pretty. I paid a reasonable price for it 2 years ago. It drinks fuel and is still depreciating... However, I feel like I am riding it at about 30% or less of it's capability! It is actually too fast for me, but surprisingly comfortable.
    My 851 SP3 stays in the garage these days (I've had it from new), but I bought a 996 SPS "as an investment" recently: whether it's the novelty, or the tweaking to get the bike perfect for me, I actually enjoy riding that more - probably because I open the throttle instead of just tickling it on the Aprilia! It is incredibly uncomfortable compared to the RSV4 below 50 mph (but we all know that, right?). Having a big V twin and a V4 is the perfect combination (for me), but the space / finance compromises can be difficult.
    The Aprilia forums (there are several) have lots of content with a few scary stories as usual. There are some Facebook groups - Aprilia Factory is good. Bikersworld in East Grinstead are great for servicing - a friend of mine brings his V4 down from the north of Scotland in a van for servicing. So if you are a long way from someone good to work on the V4, that is a consideration.
    Good luck with your purchase!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Beware, I bought one in 2016 brand new.
    Don't get me wrong brilliant bike, fast and looks the bollocks but I really struggled with the wind-blast anything over 80mph even laid on the tank. God knows what it must like at 140MPH!!!
    Went from the sublime to the ridicules by buying a second hand fully loaded Multistrada Enduro because it was so cheap but so heavy it was like having a fight every time getting it in my garage, but brilliant bike if you go touring with 160BHP!!!
    I have just bought a Supersport S after a long test ride, I think/hope I've found my perfect bike, took it on the motorway yesterday and with the windscreen in the higher position had no trouble with the wind-blast.
    Totally fantastic to ride just like the road tests say, I wrote a letter to bike regarding so upgrades that in my opinion Ducati should do and got it published in the latest November 2017 edition, fame at last!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rode it on Friday and spun it up to 120ish and it was ok for me, it does have a Puig DB screen on though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I know I shouldn't really do this on a Ducati forum, but i couldn't resist posting a pic of the new machine, sorry for any untintentional offence caused!!

20171006_111531.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. looks tiny mate.

9. Yeah, compared to the 999 it is, just like riding a 600 (size wise!)...:upyeah:

10. Yep - I look like a gorilla on mine (5' 10" and about 85 kgs) :)

11. Did you get that in Grimsby?
    Lovely.

12. Yes,gave me a good deal on the 999s too.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Great bike to goto, still miss mine it was great for trackdays - Austin can on is a must! Enjoy :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. That’s why I don’t have 999 as I’m 6’4” so my Enduro fits me well

Do Not Sell My Personal Information