1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving To The Country From London

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yev, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Valuation done today. if everything OK should get keys by the end of October.
    will order my tweed jacket later on today.
    going to be commuting to London for work and saying over maybe once or twice per week here. getting more and more at peace with this idea of long commute ( initially was quite daunting)

anyone else lives 2 hours away from work? doable?
    View attachment 251168

#1 yev, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Good luck for the future in your new country residence.:)

3. Beautiful !

4. ha. dont worry about the amount of time you spend commuting to work. just consider the amount of time you are gonna spend behind the wheel.
    of a lawn mower. :D
    nice place btw. do you have a loch in yer grounds?

5. well. big pond. sort of lake

• Like Like x 1
  6. i recon 4 hours every 2 weeks...

7. Beautiful. Where is that?

8. I guess it depends on the commute, I used to commute to London a few times a week, the train bit was easy - iPad, Netflix, headphones the time soon passes and you get into a routine. The car drive to get the train and likewise not missing your return train added an element of stress.

No idea where you will be in the country but some routes are easier that others. Nice plan too.

9. norfolk

10. Nice! Don’t be one of those people who moves to the country and then complains about farmers and agricultural related smells! Apparently complaining makes them deliberately worse!...So I’m told....:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nah. i am not like that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Get off my land you peasants, hey enjoy your new home & garden.:upyeah:
    Persuaders-Norfolk-Suit.jpg

13. well, not got the keys yet.
    but so close... i can smell it. 9 weeks i was trying to get someone to finance this purchase... no one wanted to touch the house! but all done and all subject to valuation which happened today. then will be mad dash and scramble for buying shit like washing machine, hoover , beds, telly , dog and whatever else people buy when they move to the country

14. Norfolk according to Google Lens :upyeah:

15. Yes a upper class twit accent and your good to go forward.;)

16. got that anyway

17. Oops:blush:

18. ..countryside..

Please whatever you do, don't go down the pub & refer too 'been in country'. Or they'll club you to death for being an american!

19. Worst look at my enormous new gaff thread ever :). I looked at a big place out in the sticks that was suspiciously cheap. Turned out the husband murdered his wife and hid her in a cupboard, and then hung himself in an outbuilding.

20. Done that. First year on the train and I lost the will to live. From the appearance of other passengers, so had they.

Switched to the bike year two. BMW RT cost a little more than the annual season ticket, so broke even end of year three including insurance and fuel.

Then upped my game for summer with a 748 SP. Knocked fifteen minutes off my commute time each way.

Bought a place back in London eventually for weekly boarding.

I am West Sussex. If it is Norfolk it gets bloody cold in winter.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information