1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Msv 2021

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 18, 2020.

1. It’s also exacerbated by the shit U.K. weather!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Other than 2020 due to C-19 I had only booked 3 UK TD’s. The 2 DUK Days and a double at Anglesey with JamieWhitham’s Track Training days. Otherwise I stick to doing Euro’s as the weather is usually better. 1 day at a UK Track is insufficient and to a degree I find them rushed. Yes a Euro is more expensive, but you get 3 days of practice on track to have a laugh/fun with a few mates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. I don’t enjoy U.K. days and very rarely do them tbh.

i have very little interest in riding U.K. trackdays outside of the tuition stuff if honest

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. There is an alternative option to a novice rider booking into the advanced group.
    Dont be a tw*t, and book another day when there are spaces in a group at their level.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. You could just book all the places in 1 group.

#45 Cream_Revenge, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Novice days are not just bikes. They have cars as well. Obviously you don't go out at the same time. I avoided them as I didn't think the vibe would be right.

7. I once did a bike/car track day. Never again, the cars were dropping fluids everywhere.
    It was a bunch of chavs in the North East so that might explain things.

8. That's what I was warned. Also they go in the gravel, drive out and leave it over the track.

9. Thats what I am trying to say there have been NO Novice track days or days At Brands with novice groups this year.
    I am not being a Twat by riding in a group that is above my ability.

10. I would like to respectfully suggest that if you consider yourself at 'novice' level with regards to trackdays then you would be a danger to yourself and others if you were in a more advanced riding group.
    I would expect a higher level of commitment out of riders in the more experienced group, i.e. not so much panic braking etc., or head checks, all of which I have encountered at one time or another.
    I have several times complained over the years about riders possibly being out of their depth but nothing was done.
    When you have been approaching corners at a much greater speed than riders who are in the wrong group, it's an eye opener (and also a bottom clencher)

11. Sorry, but that’s nonsense. I know very very few who would happily jump in advance groups if they were novices, ie barely done any trackdays or still are happy in novice when they do. It’s the other way round that’s the issue, or where someone is still really novice pace after quite a lot of track time but refuses to accept it thru ego and go in the more advanced groups.

If you want a novice place, just book what you want early :upyeah: I think I have only ever, in 15 years of track riding, seen ‘novice days’ advised a handful of times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I don’t think the guy really gets that every trackday has 3 or 4 groups; novice, interes, fast and sometimes acu (fast 2)

So EVERY trackday is a novice trackday if you’re in the right group!

13. I guess the "novice only" days don't bring in as much £££ as normal days.

As Bradders says though, almost all TDs have a novice group and in my limited opinion would be better than a "novice only" day anyway.

Have you thought about doing the Ducati track day? That was really slow in inters. It seems to attract a lot of people who don't normally do TDs and are really scared to drop their Italian ride.

14. Somebody on a v4 did that at jerez in October

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. IME and what I have recommended to friends as first-timers, in this order:
    - Ducati day
    - any club trackday
    - road bike only day
    - OMCC (RAF clubs generally) airfield day
    - regular trackday with mates
    Regular trackday on your own

hth

• Like Like x 1
  16. Someone did it at Cadwell(?) earlier this year too.

17. I thought that was Oulton

18. People in wrong groups also applies to fast guys going into novice 'because that's the only space available'

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Except the closing speed thing, ime fast guys don’t cause too many problems. They know how to pass and are going so much quicker. The issue movies have is the pace they pass and sometimes how close that feels

Do Not Sell My Personal Information