1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Mts 1200s 2013 Front Brake Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by michel couque, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Good advice. Come to think of it I wiped the diaphragm down.

2. My 2014 has stock parts. I get zero leakage, ever. 17k miles. FWIW.

3. I have had 30000 miles of leak free riding, just in the last few weeks. So I have ordered from the ever so helpful Craig at Moto Rapido a new diaphragm and reservoir top , should be here tomorrow . Fingers crossed.

At present after cleaning leaks fluid off it is happening again within a few miles riding.

4. Ok so the simple job of wrapping a bit of PFTE tape around the top of the reservoir has cured the leak!! Might be useful info for us Brembo sufferers. The tape cost me nothing at all, the guy une the plumbing merchants gave it to me.

Some people might easily spend big bucks trying to cure this problem. I purchased new reservoir , that did not work . Then purchased new lid and diaphragm, which arrived this am but tried the PTFE only repair which worked a treat . If someone said to me you need a new master cylinder etc I could see how it might be tricky after trying other solutions not to go down that route.

But try the tape first, could save a wad of cash !

5. Good. That is what ptfe tape is designed to do, albeit in plumbing applications.

The new seal will do no harm anyway.

6. This is using the old seal and old reservoir lid. The tape is the secret ingredient

Do Not Sell My Personal Information