1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muc Off Etc.....

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Wayne58, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Try cheap washing powder like Omo, Tide, etc. You will be amazed. It’s what many race teams use.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I find the SDoc100 the best of the cleaners - I use it neat for the really grimmy areas and 50% SDoc and 50% Water for the below seat base level to ground and a 20% Sdoc 80% Water for the top.

Makes the 1Litre bottle last 2 cleans - not just the 1 clean.

I have a few spare bottles from the past - so have 3 different strengths on go.

I also buy it now in the 5Litre size from Sports Touring at between £50 and £60 a bottle - he sells on Amazon (cheapest online) but is local to me - so I collect and push him on the price (saving postage blah blah)

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Didn't get to do it today, too nice out, so rode it instead of cleaning it. :D

PS. @Simon Audi , will go 100% the first time as its covered in ACF, then will see how I get on after that. I only ever use cleaners from the seat/tank down, so it should get 2 uses to the bottle. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. A ride out wins everytime over bloody cleaning and that's a winter job:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. It's starting to loosen right up now, and I don't like to say in this of all places, but made mince meat off my mates Diavel today, we did a third gear whack it open for a laugh kind of roll on thing through 4th and 5th.... Left him for dead. :D:p:D

6. Hooligan:motorcycleduc::Dwhat's the gross weight difference because they do look very heavy(duke) to me :thinkingface:

7. Which is to be expected so a pretty hollow victory and definitely no reason to gloat. But hey, if you feel you need to big the bike up :upyeah: Andy

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  8. No idea but sure was fun. Lost him through the twisties as well but that's kinda expected I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dude, it was me and a mate having a laugh, that's all. He threw down a gauntlet, who am I to say no?? We both had a great fun ride. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. upload_2018-8-31_16-31-36.png
    I've just used this on my ST3. Only because I had Riders vouchers to use up. Must say that I am very impressed with it ,although parts guy recommended it, I was a little sceptical. Mainly because it's made by Dr Wack!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I am currently using Autoglym Motorcycle Cleaner and am getting good results.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 16.34.59.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. I am currently using Autoglym Motorcycle Cleaner and am getting good results.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The grin factor on any motorcycle is second to none every time you ride out and it sounds like you have master the orange beauty,fairplay to you:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. You're not wrong X, bikes are awesome, and the ktm and me are starting to gel now. :upyeah:

Will wash it tomorrow, if the weathers shit :thinkingface::p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Same as leaving the washing in the sink for a whole weekend,f@@k it gone riding:):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OK, have used the SDoc 100. I used the whole bottle as it was quite tough getting all the old ACF50 off, but it does a sterling job of cleaning in all the little places not even a kids hand would fit. Bike is now immaculate, the chain has been paraffin cleaned and dried using blue roll, and the bike now has both wheels off, the exhaust end can off and the header pipes/front calipers/rear brake caliper and disc wrapped in bags ready for the ACF50 application using a finer diffuser spray bottle. As for the SDoc100, I will deinitely use again as it blows all the others away, but think I may dilute 50/50 with water unless the bike has had a complete winter thrown at it. I recon, that given its just averagely dirty, the 50/50 with water would easily do it, thus saving you a few quid as well. But SDoc100 definitely gets my vote as the best cleaner I have used to date. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thats what i used last time as it was nice and cheap with the discount card. It did leave a white reissue in some places though but that may have been down to the way I used it and rinsed it

• Like Like x 1
  18. I would not touch muc off with a barge pole, it takes far more than the muck off, if not used correctly or left on by mistake for too long

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information