1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muc Off Etc.....

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Wayne58, Aug 30, 2018.

1. I used it once or twice, but it does not even do what it says on the tin that well, and you dare not use it in sunlight, or on a hot engine, or leave it on too long. SDoc wins my vote. :upyeah:

2. I don't worry too much about keeping the ACF50 off the header pipes. Does smoke a bit but doesn't discolour or leave any residue. I always try and get some on the manifold studs and nuts. I know it'll burn off but having owned a 990 LC8 which have the world's fastest rusting manifold studs, I can't help myself.

3. I think if you rub the pipes after its ok Jim, but some flung onto the pipes from the forks the last time I did it, and there was brown staining all over, which I have now removed with autosol. I will do the header bolts also, but like you say, it'll burn off in no time. My main points to coat are the engine block and all its fasteners, brake banjos, all the studs on the sprocket carrier, the caliper bolts and the rear brake and gear linkages. Once I have sprayed the engine, will hand brush the smaller fasteners, and hopefully, jobs a gooden :upyeah:

#43 Wayne58, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yep. Sdoc100 here to Wayne....not seen anything beat it yet..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shock mounts, top and bottom as well, swinging arm spindle and the inside of the front wheel spindle. All rust-prone.
    If you've got the anodised swinging arm spindle caps, don't trust them. Damp gets in behind and stays there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Ive been going through a few lately on the Hyper to get the summer fly's off ect ect ... just tried the Guy Martin stuff ok but not ground breaking . Ive tried Muckoff, ok .. WD bike cleaner (crap) need to look around and see what else is around ... owe yes snow foam ok for soaking with fly's but not for died on week old fly's and summer bugs ...

7. Haven't cleaned mine since before Silverstone GP... still god mud all over it from riding out of the bog that was Silverstone circuit :scream:

8. If its dried dead bugs just put a piece of paper kitchen roll over them and soak it with water then leave it for 10 mins or longer if needed. The water soaks into the dead bugs and they just wipe off, no expensive cleaners needed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Same process to remove dried on bird poo on your bike/car

• Like Like x 1
  10. I can recommend shiny sauce (fav of Aprilia riders) and its free delivery at the moment

11. I popped into the new local Kwak / KTM dealer yesterday in Northampton to get some bike cleaner i was looking for Muck off but there waiting for some to come in. So i tried the Kawasaki cleaner ... at 10.99 for a bottle its not cheep but last night i washed the Africa Twin off months of road grime and its not half bad id say 7.5 /10 ... i did this at a garage with a pressure washer so it was not the usual hour cleaning session.... just thought id add my 2 pence worth :p

12. I've been using Muc Off motorcycle cleaner for years and years, never had any problems at all.
    I've also found it's the best thing for keeping brake dust off car wheels if used regularly. Normal wheel cleaners will cause a dulling of the paint finish but not Muc Off. I suppose you need to use it properly?

13. Try Rhino Goo, its as good if not better than Sdoc whatever, a 5 ltr tub costs about £12. I use it on both my road and off road bikes, push bikes and if the cars really minging I’ll use it on that as well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information