1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Mucky Back End

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Edward Cunliffe, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Any way of reducing the amount of road muck that gets flung all over the back end? Hugger extender or something perhaps, can't find anything.

Thanks.

2. Have you retained the OE crud catcher ? Butt ugly it might be but functional it is. Fullsix also do a long rear hugger/mud guard that is much bigger than either of the Ducati alternatives. Andy

3. Thanks Andy, mines the Enduro so no crud catcher, but interesting they work well ... Not that I'll fit one as they are indeed butt ugly!

4. I removed the rear wheel mudguard on my 2013 Multi for aesthetic reasons, then immediately put it back on after riding in the rain! I would like to try and adapt one for my Enduro, as they really do seem to work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ah, I didn’t know that. I can imagine the level of crud flung because the bike doesn’t have one. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Touratech number plate splash guard will make a huge difference. I had one on a 1200 triumph explorer and it was superb.
    Easily fabricated too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you, yes that sort of thing should help.

8. If that's what you're after I easily fabricated one from a blank number plate for my R1150 GSA. It works to an extent but being quite a distance from the wheel it's not as effective as the mud guard on the non enduro.

You can always try and outrun the spray.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ride in fair weather.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah might make something, I certainly wouldn't buy one!

11. I brought one back in 2011. As far as I was concerned it didn't appear to make much difference if any. To be really effective, it would have to be a lot bigger and therefore even more ugly.

I took it off when the black paint started flaking off after a couple of years. It might be still in the garage somewhere, @Edward Cunliffe if you're interested I could have a look - if I can find it, I'm happy to give it to you for nothing but the cost of postage.

12. Excellent thank you, yes I'll take it off your hands if you find it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Those two are the same item just glossy or matt as far as I can see. Don't think they're any longer than the original plastic part.

Thanks for posting though, hadn't found them yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Very nice, but won't prevent spray being flung off the back of the tyre.

15. My M1100S came with an Evotech tail tidy, having experienced what you did the first time I rode it in the rain, for the winter I knocked up a crud catcher from corrugated plastic board and black duct tape. Cost just a few pence. Fitted/removed in 5 mins. Does the job perfectly. :)
    Excuse the skew whiff photos, a technical issue with iOS 13:confused:
    B62C4F5D-259F-43D5-8F12-17AD110FE8DE.jpeg
    E47193A8-D8CA-48BC-BA7D-E8677D4AF81D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lovely bike Paul - would still love one of those myself. That 1100 motor is a peach.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information