1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mugello August 15th Focused Events

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by GreenOn, May 10, 2019.

1. Which sort of reinforces my point!

2. I did Portimao a few years ago in those temps, it was murderousness....But in a good way...:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Might be too hot for you, but not me. :sun::cool:

4. Neil will be running the event as always. On average it’s usually between 25-30 degrees. Always take the fan to cool down mind you!!!

Scarperia hotel is the best one to be in.

I’ll be doing the 4 days can’t wait to be back there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neil and John from FE will probably do the signing on, but then the running of the trackday will be done by Promo Racing, a real slick Italian trackday company, roll on August. :sun::cool::motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I've never done a euro track day and only done a couple here in the UK in the novice group .
    If I wanted to do Mugello would I be getting in everyone;s way?
    Is there a novice group or is everybody fcuk off fast on proper track day bikes ? .
    The price is for four days on track, bike transportation and hotel? So i would need to buy flights/transfers/food etc?
    Thanks
    Colin

7. There is a novice group.
    Price is usually;
    Track
    Bike & gear transport
    Hotel B&B.
    I think Mugello has a garage surcharge.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I did several euros in novice group. Don't worry about it, just book it and go.
    If you improve, they'll move you up.

9. £30 per day charge for the garage, most of the Italians just camp out in the paddock. :sun::cool::motorcycleduc:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I did Brno a couple of years back and it was 35C ambient and 59C track temp. Bloody hot in other words, but you do tend to manage it ok. I remember heaving cold, wet and soggy leathers on in the morning which was character building and funny watching everyone else do it. I also remember the high track temperature impacting front tyre performance hard on the brakes. Just had to brake a couple of metres earlier.

Love Brno and can't wait to go back next month :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  11. I was going to do Brno with NL this year but, the call of Mugello again was too strong. Maybe next year if the circuit is still going.

12. Yeah, heard through the grapevine it's in a bit of bother. Would be a real shame to see it close....:worried:

13. FE - The last time I used them (many years ago now) was the comment of "don't make your problem our problem". Said it all, plus they damaged my bike upon return to the UK and wouldn't pay for repairs as it was a track bike!

14. Hello Scott21, when was the last time you were at Mugello ?

15. I have heard similar comments over the years, however I must say that I have used FE for over ten years, sometimes twice or three times a year on Euro events and have never had a problem. I do however make sure I get the bike protected as much as possible with foam/bubblewrap/blankets etc, seems to work for me.

16. IME they're ok until the thorny topic of money comes up!

17. One thing to keep in mind with FE's Euro trips are the daft drop and collect times.
    This event is;
    3rd of August drop.
    Collection 31st of August.

18. Last August

19. Over the years, I've heard various comments about the way FE transports customers bikes. Some are ok and others are very worrying. I'd rather simply book the hotel & Track time and transport it myself.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information