1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mugello August 2017 Focused Events

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by GreenOn, Dec 10, 2016.

1. What date is this? I'm looking at the Promo Racing website and there are dates throughout August!

2. Focused Events website, but the event is run by Promo Racing when you get there.

3. Yes thanks but could you let me know what date this event is held on, then I can book it with Promo Racing?
    Thanks in advance.

4. Dates I believe are 18/19/20th of August, I see it is sold out on the FE site, but still showing availability on the Promo Racing site.

5. Well Jel...Megello is on the list!

6. Yes, Imola is the weekend before June 12 and 13th, Mugello June 18-20th. Are we there yet?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Not sure where there is but I'm hoping to attend; as ever work and love-life permitting!

8. I am considering driving down, and having a few days around the Northern Lakes/Alps then on to Imola, then a few days off on the Adriatic Coast somewhere, then back to Mugello. Two weeks in Northern Italy, what's not too like. :cool:

9. Love those plans :) We need to sort what we're doing as well, its going to involve lots of lazing around in the sun I think. Italy is pretty much closed for August so I'm a bit hesitant about doing battle with the crowds at the beach. Italians do know how to wear bikinis though :)

10. Rimini was fine last year, had three days there after the Mugello track day, a much better place to have a wander around than many would have you believe, especially the old town. Also managed to catch some Moto GP/WSB testing at Misano, Sam Lowes on the Aprilia RS, Bradley Smith on the new KTM, and all the Ducati Moto GP and WSB crew Iannone/Dovizioso et al. Security would not let us into the paddock area, but we managed to get into the stands around the back of the circuit, along with numerous locals, all for free. :upyeah: Then off to Tavullia and his cafe, he wasn't there. Then on to San Marino, another nice place to have a wander around. Imola circuit and the Ducati shop close to the factory to finish, all in all a successful trip, let's hope this year goes as well :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Not long now, and my plan of driving down is all sorted, Tunnel booked, Hotels booked, roll on August, see you there. :cool:

12. Bugger, the 1098S is dead for now, just gone to service it prior to going, bits of gearbox teeth in the sump, which is very strange seeing as it ran fine at Jerez.

• Crap Crap x 1
  13. Do you have something else to take @GreenOn ?

14. Well Royal, it looks like its going to be an Aprilia RSV4 RF 2017, however I have got to buy one first. :confused:

15. Haha I think that's probably a good situation then, apart from the bank account part :)

16. I have a track bike for sale :)

17. I bet its a Ducati though, and I have two of those already, both now broken, and winter projects for next season. I think I need to go back to something newer for my Euro trackdays, and keep the 1098S and 996 for more local events, ie UK only. I have options to take my Brothers GSXR 1000 K6, or bite the bullet and go full on and a new Aprilia RF, or anything in between. Given myself two days to decide which way to go, as the bikes go off on Aug 5th, so nothing like leaving it until the last minute. :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  18. My other half is planned to be on a K6 for the trip but had a mysterious rear wheel lock up at Snetterton last week resulting in a high speed crash up the straight and impressive 100mph break dance spins past the pits. We can probably get the bike fixed up but no idea what caused the lock up so not sure whether to trust it now?

19. Locked and loaded enroute for Imola and Mugello :) We decided not to risk the K6 after the Snetterton rear wheel lock up so the lady has taken the Triumph 675 instead.

IMG_1010.JPG IMG_1011.JPG IMG_1004.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information