1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi 1200 Dvt Tyre Pressures - Looking For Perfection!

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Northern Soul, May 5, 2017.

1. Hi guys

this question is probably like..."what are the best tyres" - i.e. a thousand answers and preferences. Mine is about tyre presures for MTS - bring it on guys, give me your opinions!

So, dealership says:
    normal use - 31 front 34 rear
    motorway miles - 31 front 36/37 rear
    track - 30 front 30 rear

Handbook says:
    36 front AND rear, rider only OR 42 rear with pillion or luggage

guy that puts my new tyres on always runs them quite high. Can't remember his recommendations but it's more in the region of the handbook.

I want the best from my tyres obviously, and understand pressures may affect diffent tyres differently, BUT - any views?

(current tyres are Metzeler Roadtec 01)

cheers guys

John

2. 36/36 psi cold for road use. If the TPMS shows about 40 psi while warm, that's about right.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It Depends !

On PR4's I run 34 front and 38 rear with rider only and up it by +2 (rear only) with luggage and then 36F 42R with Pillion and luggage, this is based on a chat to the Michelin man and that is on a 2015 DVT 1200s.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Running PR4 third set and i find 36-37 front with 40 rear is the overall best.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thread moved

6. Oh yeh, why's that?

7. 36/38 PR4 and most tyres seem to work ok :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Because it was in the wrong section. That good enough?

9. More than perfect! In fact, so perfect, I think it's even answered my question about tyre pressures!

10. Blood pressure would have been more accurate:)

11. So, it seems that dealership advice of 31 34 is a bit off beam compared to what you guys mainly seem to do. Sounds like a big increase in the front, and a lesser big increase (or small as they say) is warranted for the back.

Small spanner in the ointment, or is it fly....(anyway, look its Friday night, I'm totally knackered and already onto my second large glass of red). Surely there is the issue of how one rides - different styles, speeds, abilities in cornering etc, would warrant different pressures?

(maybe it's time to log off now and go and watch gardeners world - the mrs, rather surprisingly, just doesn't want to watch all the moto gp free practice sessions - strange!)

12. Yep, you could be right there! Unfortunately it's also bunion related, bad back related, cholesterol related etc! There's only one thing for it - get Thore tyre pressures banged up this weekend....and get out!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information