Multi 1200s Touring, Air Filter

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Broduc64, Feb 7, 2020.

1. How to change Multi air filter pls.
    Searched, but can't find a link.

2. Anyone..... please...
    I've had a look but seems to be having to remove one part after another ?!?!? Can't believe a serviceable part would be so awkward to get at...

3. #3 noobie, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hi @Broduc64 I'm not sure what mode / year you have but it's fairly similar regardless. I've put a copy of the 2015 Workshop manual on a Google Drive (Copy of MTS1200S 2015.Workshop Manual.E4.pdf), the air filter serving is on page 111. The manual is not an official Ducati copy as it no branding and is a bit rough around the edges.

If you've got a 2010-2014 model, then let know as I've got a CD of the workshop manual somewhere,#

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mine's a 2016 S, so should imagine is pretty much the same.
    Thanks.

6. Whooa, no wonder it costs so much to get these things serviced. I am exhausted from just watching that guy get to the air filter. That really is a crazy amount of work to change a service item ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If you have a pre DVT it's a peice of cake. If DVT then tank off.x

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well, if my tank needs to come off, it'll be a K&N filter going in the airbox so it never needs doing again.

9. That's why I was taking it off. Reduced maintenance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Done it... Not 1 nut or washer left over :upyeah::cool:.
    Made worse by having to remove crash bars too.

With hindsight I should've bought new spark plugs and changed them at the same time....Oh well, at least I know how to do it now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information