1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi 1260 New Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Groundhog, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Scrubbed in new Avon Storm 3DXM tyres on a trip up to Ducati Aylesbury today. Had the Storm Ultra's on a previous bike and was happy with them. The 3DXM's feel fine too, good dry grip and no reason not to expect the same in the wet. Also I'm expecting much better mileage than the Scorpions. Good price too at £145 the pair.
    I also managed to include a bin in one pic, which seem to be popular on here:) Colour coordinated no less!
    20180929_133247.jpg 20180929_150947.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thread moved

3. Not the grippiest tyre ive had but, ive gotta say in 20+ years of riding theyve faired better than anything ive used so far....got them on my z1000. The front is done the back is still going...loads of tread left on it i reckon im about 2.5k so far...when i say not the grippiest it skips out a little on corners if you try and get on the gas too early...

4. I used to get the slight skipping out with the Scorpions if I pushed a bit coming out of corners, so not going to worry about that too much:) One thing immediately noticeable is that on the Scorpions I was out to the edge of the rear tyre in the first 100 miles, on the Avon I'm about half an inch off that so far. Due no doubt to the rounder profile of the Avon.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information