1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multibike Polcy

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by 749r man, Apr 13, 2021.

1. As has been said, it sometimes works out cheaper to do them all on separate polices. I too am one of those people that firmly believes the insurance companies make it up as they go along - they seem to be very illogical at times.

2. I’ve had a multi bike policy with MCE for a few years now but recently had an experience of appalling service from them. In a nutshell, during the call to renew my policy it turned out that they didn’t have two of my bikes added to the policy and not only did they blame me for this issue despite me being able to specifically remember details of the call a few months earlier where I added the last of the bikes, they blamed me for this oversight (because obviously their staff and/or computer system are infallible). To add insult to injury, adding these two bikes doubled the premium, and because it was towards the end of the last day of the policy, I didn’t have time to shop around. When I can muster the time and energy to do so, I’m going to complain and then if necessary, take it to the Ombudsman

It’s not the first time I’ve had issues with them either. A few years ago when my debit card was replaced they kept applying missed payment penalty charges and also cancelled the policy twice because despite giving them the new card details at least 4 times, for some reason the amended info didn’t “take” and so next month the payment would be rejected. This went on for months and wasted hours and hours of my time being kept on hold listening the recording message bragging about their 5 star service and how customer satisfaction is their number one priority before having to get again explain the issue to a totally disinterested or, alternatively, annoyingly chipper and over-familiar call handler.

Short version - avoid MCE if you can

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Wicked Quotes (used to be Ducati Insurance) underwritten by Novitas
    £235 fully comp for Pani R and 916.
    Been with them since 2016 but no experience of what they are like if you have to make a claim.
    Personal circumstances make all the difference, my premium used to be over £2000 with the same insurer (for the same bikes) when I lived in London.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Unfortunately I can answer that question having dropped my 1299FE last year; they were brilliant to deal with. No problems with process and were quick to authorise the necessary repairs from the quote pulled together by my preferred Ducati dealer. Well recommended.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. I had a huge issue with MCE several years ago, I won’t bore you all with the details, but I had every phone call notes , date time and who I spoke to and what was discussed . I took it to the ombudsman, MCE failed to respond properly to them, Ombudsman asked for phone recordings from MCE as per my . After several months the ombudsman was told by MCE that unfortunately due to a technical error with their recording equipment, every time I happened to phone their recording system failed. That about 25 phone calls over several months. The ombudsman had to give up on them. NEVER AGAIN, I can’t even go to BSB as they sponsor it!!

6. I have never used MCE but have had a few quotes from them over the years - something always felt not quite right in my dealings with them. Looks like I was correct to avoid them. I now record all my phone calls myself and save any made to the likes of insurance companies.

As I think Zhed said a while ago (apologies if it was not), a lot of businesses look like little more than legalised cons now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information