1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Myeloma

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ducbird, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Hope you'll get through this...one can only admire your strength and determination.:):motorcycleduc:
    Wish you well and good luck in fighting that nasty thing...

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. I am really sorry to hear your news. Why does it always happen to the nice people in this world?

I am in admiration of your honesty and bravery and hope that you can get access to a successful therapy.

Best

Derek

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. Another late one to see you are having to battle this terrible type of cancer. You are always a positive, upbeat beacon on this site and I am convinced that you will be one of the patients that exceeds the norm!

All my positive wishes and thoughts to you Ducbird :heart::heart::heart:

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. I shall remain a strong fighting beacon on this forum don’t you worry this gal ain’t going nowhere yet :blush:

Keep those thoughts positive that’s what keeps me going

• Love You Love You x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Keep up the fight I was diagnosed with an aggressive lymphoma last March after a year long battle I'm now cancer free! Like you I was open and honest about it, I work in the medical profession so it wasn't daunting for me when in hospital. I am aware of your condition but new trials emerge all the time. Keep fighting and Hoping x

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1

6. Bless you you been through the mill too. Nice to hear your cancer free
    I guess your familiar with Cheltenham :grinning:

Open and honest is good it’s enough having to have a cancer condition without keeping it all inside and secret
    I tell anyone that wants to listen :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1

7. As I said it's my proffession but it's not easy being on the other side I'll be honest the worst thing for me was losing my eyebrows! every time it rained I couldn't see!! The next worst was all the hair growing back!!! I'm sure you know where I'm coming from. Stay busy and active let the sun shine on your world. My tumour meant I couldn't sit down so I had a year off my bike, my last few appointments I rode my bike there. If you need anything at all please message me even if it's just to vent some anger. If you need any advice medically ditto. While I was ill I wrote and published a book, not about my fight but fiction, it kept me sane. My thought and strength are with you. x

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. :D losing my hair was strange I thought I would be ok but it’s identity you lose wasn’t sure how to feel for the first few minutes of baldness, I looked like an alien with sticky out ears :laughing:
    The worst was leaving my kids being sick constantly and blood clots
    Never been angry can’t waste precious time on anger never thought why me either
    You can’t give it back so my energies were being positive and still is

Medically, thank you it’s good to know your there

Back at you with thought and strength :) x

• Love You Love You x 3

9. You sound like you don't need me at the moment but my wife has offered to help those around around you if they need to chat

• Like Like x 6
  10. It’s time to resurrect this thread
    After nearly 4 years remission bar 34 days my myeloma has decided that it wants to wake up
    It is a relapse remit cancer it goes dormant after treatment and stem cell transplant but that treatment stops keeping it at bay
    There is no cure as yet although Car T cell therapy is on the horizon
    I went for a PET scan 3 weeks ago after hurting my lower back
    It showed that the Myeloma is starting to make lesions (holes) in my C6 T3 T12 (hence the back pain) upper right ribs and my lower right pelvis
    My light chains have risen over the year doubling each 12 weeks to 263 now and my paraprotein from 5 to 11
    Time to crack open the chemo :D

Today I started a regime called CRD
    I will have a duo of chemo plus steroids
    The C is one day a week
    The R is twice a week both but subcut
    Steroids 2 days on 2 off
    4 weeks is a cycle and I’m going to do 4-6 cycles that should then lead into another stem cell transplant March/April 2022

My overall bloods are strong apart from infection fighting and those are starting to decrease and will do with the chemo

I have got myself fit through covid lost 3 stone this year to give myself a fighting chance should I have to start the above chemo

I was lucky to be offered a new chemo called KRD it’s a harder going chemo my heart would be ok with it but I was worried about my veins as I can’t have a picc line

I have had a couple of weeks to think about both regimes which I think myself lucky

So here we go keep those thoughts positive and you can help me get through this :grinning:

to update this post I had DVD chemo
    Darzalex/velcade/dexamethasone for 6 cycles
    not CRD I decided against it

#90 Ducbird, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    • Love You Love You x 25
  11. Wow, Thank you for posting.It puts my minor ailments into perspective, I feel great and hope you will too following this new regime. All the best.

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. Best wishes from me!

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. We got this :party::grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sorry to hear this, Ducbird, but it sounds like you’re not letting this control you, and I admire that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sorry to hear this, but all best wishes and hope that the treatment gets you back to where you need to be xx

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. Shit news but met with your usual smile amd shrug. Keep battling: you’re worth it x

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Chin up girl, you’re a fighter. X

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Best of luck viv you definitely have the right attitude hugs from the skitz

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Go kick its butt Viv, you can do it :upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  20. Ten points if you wheel yourself into your next consultation in a wheelie bin ten more points if it’s yellow and ten more points if you wear a white knitted cardy

I have nothing to add to the lovely messages above apart from tuck your chin in get your fists up and kick the cancer back into remission

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information