1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1000ds Custom Project

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by buzzer, Aug 31, 2017.

1. An unusual view of my fuglystrada, I think it looks great from this perspective. 1000ds from above.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Almost there… back together. Problem was although it started first time (much to my surprise!) it didn’t run well. In order to reset the Throttle Position Sensor I ordered some leads from China, and these took 2 weeks to come… a long wait. Problem was, despite resetting the TPS with the software on the laptop, it still backfired and ran really badly.

I retraced my steps on the wiring… I noticed that the ECU was earthed… and I had missed that wire off and as I had rubber mounted the ECU it in its new location, I had not earthed it! I added a lead and bingo, it ran perfectly!

I am really happy with the way the tank finishers I made came out, less so with the headlight brackets, which I will be replacing with a different design shortly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#62 buzzer, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Left a bit....Right a bit....bombs gone!...BULLSEYE!!

4. Thanks for all the help and advice from you guys on this forum... This will probably be my last update for a while as I will be away for a long holiday... I wheeled it out into the sunshine today for the first time... Just the headlamp brackets to change and a few snagging jobs, but essentially its finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#64 buzzer, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Jumped the gun here, as nothing to do with your post. As you mentioned your time with alarms, a long shot but I am having problems with my data tool s4 alarm on my 848. Alarm goes off every time and will not respond to fob, have changed the battery etc, I now want to just disarm the alarm complete, which will avoid any further problems. Do you know how to? ( easy pesy please as
    an old fart)

Liam

6. Hi Liam,
    I don't have much experience with bike alarms... however, I have removed quite a few over the years... same with aftermarket car alarms as both can give problems with age. I actually removed a datatool alarm off an Aprilia last year. the bike had been playing up for ages and it finally wouldn't start.

As it was an aftermarket one, I simply followed the wires from the unit that was under the seat and one by one disconnected them. some joined other wires, and these were just disconnected. others bridged wires, so where this was the case, I re-joined the wires the installer had cut and bridged. It was pretty obvious as the colours were the same! once this was done, it fired up just fine.

have a look where the wires go...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buzzer, that looks great :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just changed the cam belts ... First time I have tensioned a belt using the Hz frequency method. I was surprised how sensitive the adjustment was, and how consistent the readings were once set. just like twanging a guitar string! I used the free Iphone app from Gates Belts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. well its finally on the road... I have to say I like this bike... its light, it handles really well, I love the engine, and the riding position is spot on for me... its a keeper for this season at least!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. I have to say I really like this bike! I have done a winter project every year for a few years, but I usually sell them when they are done... I may keep this one for a while! at least over the summer!

It ran well straight after the build, but there was a bit of roughness low down so I took it to the local MOT station to use their gas analyser to set the mixture to 5% CO with the laptop. I was able to push the probe in so that it went into each cylinders exhaust so I could do the final adjustment on the air bleeds. it runs really well now!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information