1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1200 Ignition Won't Come On

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by PikesPeakSimon, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Hi All, new member - first post. i know this is an old thread, but it might help someone...

I had the same problem this week (2011 bike). By which I mean the bike would not power-up from handlerbar switch (until i learnt about holding the key under the dash/screen). It had the same issue as i've read from multiple other posts. However, the push-button on the tank worked fine, so i could enter the pin and start-up.

I replaced the key-fob battery - no change. then i wondered if it was just bad battery contact. i realised there was a small amount of adhesive on the base of the (CR2023) key fob battery. i peeled this off, then also 'packed' above the battery housing with a cut out piece of card from the battery blister-pack (to help to increase pressure and therefore contact for the battery). put the key back together and... works perfectly. It now senses the key from around 1 metre away.

Who knows if its a long term fix, but its worth a try... its free!

2. Same fix for me too!! Worked fine for 18 months now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information