1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1200 The Most Complained About Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Borgo Panigale, Jun 10, 2016.

1. No was meant to be two up for a bike rally

98 R1 but with the 2000-2001 engine and carbs , the later carbs give it a better midrange

2. Hi no my one was Ongar motorcycles dunmow terrible but also triumph Hinckley head office tried just brush it under carpet deny any common faults sad really because I admire triumph bought out some new exciting bikes last few years

3. My experience too is that the after sales are great!I bought my Pikes Peak from SMC of Sheffield. They helped me customise my bike to my needs, Any problems were overcome. Thanks to the lads and lasses that work there. Great Bacon sandwiches and tea too :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I bet that wheelies with a tug of the bars lol, Hope you put all your heavy gear in the tank bag :)

5. I've done Nealy 11000 miles and gone round Europe twice now, I love it, the only issue I've had is, it chooses a false neutral now and again.

6. I'm in mid France at moment just done across Pyrenees and milau viaduct today

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just had a 2000ml trip round Europe 2up with luggage bike ran faultlessly
    I have posted before that in my opinion the Multistrada is the best all round motorcycle on the market

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cue doomsayers 'its on its way out!' 'ouch! They all do that before it lunches itself' add assorted quotes saying the same... ;)

9. I wonder what the most complained about bike is on the BMW Motorrad forum is?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. My nephew bought a new 1200 GS in June 2016 it's at the dealer's now having its 2nd replacement final drive it's also had new barrels and pistons , heads , suspension problems all in 8000mls he is looking to buy a Multistrada Enduro.

• Like Like x 1
  11. S1000XR, as it feels like a pair of Ann Summers toys in your hands.....

12. Group test in this week's MCN. Multistrada Enduro / KTM 1290 Adv R / 1200 GS / Africa twin. Too recent for a link but essentially:

1st Multi, 2nd KTM, 3rd GS, 4th Africa Twin.
    To summarise: Multi was the most refined and best everyday all-rounder. KTM was faster and more powerful and better off-road but also more raw and single-minded and not as comfortable. GS was the most comfortable but heaviest and a bit slow and the dash was too busy. Honda was nice but Honda-ry and for girls.

#132 Gimlet, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. it broke engine errors first real issue in pro team now getting new map sensor

had it 3 years looking to get a new bike soon

a KTm in pole for me i've test rode few bmws and didnt get on with them and the new dvt didnt feel as good as the 2014 spec one i have and i wont buy Jap ..they kill whales

#133 paulfastbikes, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I agree, I once saw a c90 take out a squirrel from 200 yards

15. I want to see pictures..... in use.

16. Weirdo!! ;)

17. Well...... in the first 600 miles from new the LH bar end kept coming loose, so many false neutrals its hard to count ( dealer says they are caused by the incorrect oil that is used during run in period ) head light beam was to high & the black side trim panels with the Ducati logo don't fit properly as either one end or the other flaps around in the wind as both ends won't seat properly in the clips ( dealer says its a common issue )

18. And??

Its Ducati.....:)

The false neutral sorts itself out - its because you are being too gentle with shifter - the more mileage the looser the box and less change problems.

Use loctite on the thread for bar end - better still add Evotech Bar End weights from a Multi Enduro - that will also stop vibrations.

Headlight beam is common problem - but it also depends on your weight and preload - seems better on 2017 versions all 2015 versions were at max adjustment to get beam where it should be.

Have not seen this panel issue before - they are difficult to fit.. but normally fit well.

19. You're the one getting this...[​IMG]

20. These bluetooth earpieces look weirder every day

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information