1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1200s Rear Shock

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by VanLaere, May 15, 2020.

1. Hi guys

After some advice please.

My rear shock (Sachs skyhook) from my 2014 1200s has decided to give up and leak all its all out.

I have been told by Ducati that it cannot be repaired and £1800 would see a new one fitted.

Sadly i will not be doing this.

So im wondering what can be done? can i put an Ohlins on there? problem being error message on the bike afterwards.

Secondly can anyone in the uk repair these? i read somewhere of people replacing the top cap so they can be re-gassed.

Or does anyone have a working one they want to part with?

Any info would be great! oh and to top it off the bottom bolt is well and truly seized in there!! 2 hrs of cursing and various tools including a reciprocating saw and everything is finally out.

Thanks in advance

2. Might be better to ask this question in the dedicated Multistrada section...

3. Try KAIS , Atherton. I'd be surprised if they couldn't service it.

TB

4. Also give MCT a call in stowmarket. Maybe also give Moto Rapido a call too.

5. I had my Sachs shock 2013 model which was leaking oil rebuilt and re-gassed from TWS suspension for £150 which included the return postage. Excellent job , as good as new

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information