1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Multistrada 1260s Poor Quality?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Pirsig, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Came across as if he owned it, but he was not the owner; just the front man is what I'v heard

2. According to a company check site he is "Managing Director"

3. He was the Managing Director, Doesn't mean your the owner

4. Has the trappings of the owner...

‘if you believe what you hear, Ducati Manchester and their sites are owned by Russians mafia.

not sure I always believe what I hear.

5. Russians, Mancs, they both have eyebrows that meet in the middle :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Just to clear up any doubt and sorry for veering off topic in this thread but I want to set the record straight before the rumours start. (There have been some whoppers going around up here by idiots who have no clue what they’re talking about!)
    I was founding partner in 2002 and was indeed Managing Director and major shareholder in the group of companies created in 2015 to build the new dealership, not a “front man”.

I have been bought out by the other shareholders and resigned, it is that simple.
    Martin.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Clarifies that situation then.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Martin,
    Whats your take on this poor finish / paint situation? There seems to be alot of owners worried about the quality etc.

9. Enjoy some time off :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Firstly, I’ve seen it before so know exactly what you’re talking about.
    Each problem has to be considered on a case by case basis. Of course there may be examples of the component failure but I would need to see each example to comment.
    However, it has to be remembered that this is a painted finish and as such will react very differently to how it is cared for by the owner.
    Furthermore some motorcycle clothes are incredibly rough and abrasive, if they’re flapping around at 70+ mph then they can act like fine grade sandpaper against the casing, it won’t last long before it marks up.
    And even further to that, some riders clamp their feet against the engine as that is how they prefer to ride. Indeed some have serious motocross style boots with heavy buckles etc - these can all cause damage if resting against the paint for prolonged periods.
    So in truth, it depends on a lot of factors coming together to create the problem.

As has been mentioned before, speak to your dealer about getting something over it to protect if it’s starting to cause you bother. Mart

• Like Like x 3
  11. Thanks for clearing that up Martin but can I ask? do your eyebrows meet? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Stock Ducati response.

13. Lol. Not yet!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Nope, that’s my own personal response relying on 17 years experience and retailing circa 3500 bikes.
    Ducati can say what they like.
    Mart

• Like Like x 8
Do Not Sell My Personal Information