1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Multistrada 1260s Strange Oil Trace - Is It A Leak?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by SuzaFan, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Any work should have 12 months guarantee

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Di you get completely assembled heads from the factory, or just bare heads and they were reinstalling whole valve train and valves from your used heads?

3. Not sure, I think they changed just the heads

4. I guarantee they are not going to give you new cams, cam advance units, rockers, valves etc when the problem is just with the head. That would cost 5 times as much, not going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I also guarantee you (with 100%) that if you don’t ask for something, you cannot get it.
    However, it is a shame, this whole ducati story, as I reported this issue with 3.500 km on the clock (km, not miles).
    So, a brand new bike.
    And this story of ping pong back and forth lasts till now, more than a year, 8.300 km on the clock.
    They killed my whole joy of having a ducati and if this company would have 1% of sense for customer satisfaction, they would be giving the whole assembled head (I am not asking for a new bike).
    If they just don’t care, they will not give.
    But this tells a lot about ducati (with small d).

6. This is such a shame. The trouble with your dealer's lack of interest and knowledge has rightly caused you to doubt Ducati. Have you contacted Ducati in Italy about the problems? If not, I suggest you do so and let them know how frustrated and dissatisfied you are.

7. This will be my next step, when I see how those guys here in Croatia will respond to my request.
    I am actively searching for some direct contact to Ducati Italy, but cannot find.
    I only found those contact forms on Ducati website.
    If you maybe have some contact of customer support in Italy, I would appreciate if you can share.

9. I used the main Ducati website contact form (in English). I was pleasantly surprised to get a phone call (within a few few days) from a very helpful person. My issue didn't need to go further, so I don't have a name, email, etc

10. Ok, thanx, I will use the same form then.

• Like Like x 1

11. Well, just to update here on my case...
    My bike is in the workshop for this repair (since yesterday).
    After some time of mailing back and forth, I got pretty good deal...
    I got all new parts for head assembly, including all new internal parts and new valves:):cool:
    Only thing that will be replaced from my old head are camshafts...which I accept as they are not something that is being worn...
    Also worth mentioning is that all fresh fluids will be included...(oil, coolant, clutch and brake fluid)
    And my warranty will be prolonged (I am still waiting for confirmation how long, 12 or 24 months...
    Now let’s wait how work will be done!!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Just an update...
    Repair done...
    Here how my old head looked like...
    Oil was coming from above, inside the head, leaking down through left part of exhaust manifold...
    Also, oil was entering through exhaust valves into the head, that's where this oily burned material on the valves is coming from...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information