1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Multistrada 2010s Broken

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Tonic101, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Both crank and bearings need replacing, unfortunately.

Just had another chat with Ductai Pro Team and retro fitting a twin spark engine would be outside of their comfort zone.....

Am very interested in this though. Assume that there would be an added power bonus.

#22 Tonic101, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. I am not so sure that it is actually Alec who rebuilds the engines. As far as I am aware he subs that out.

3. No power bonus to twin spark sadly, both quoted at 150 bhp, but having had both, I can say the TS is a little easier to live with.

4. These are the parts I've been told are required for an engine rebuild:

1. Crankshaft

2. Pair Rods

3. Set of Rod bearings

4. 2 x Exhaust valves

5. 2 x Piston Complete assembly

6. Vertical and Horizontal Barrell’s

7. Gasket Set

8. Left and Right Main Bearings

9. Oil Pump Assembly

10. Clutch Cover complete

11. Cam Belt Tensioner Pulley x1

I have been quoted a total of £6492.54 (inc. VAT).

Basically what I pid for the bike.

# nightmare

• WTF WTF x 2
  5. Any explanation of what had happened?

6. That list seems excessive, they are more or less saying complete engine? Feck that!! Buy a used motor.

7. Also, you stated you purchased it through ebay. Did you complete the entire transaction via ebay or do cash on collection?

8. My first engine rebuild was because a cam had sheared. The cam then proceeded to dance around the engine and did a lot of damage to parts you wouldn't think. Luckily, the dealer had to foot the bill for that one as it was only about a month after purchasing. It was the second engine blow up with the crank snapping in two, about 1 month outside of warranty that they offered no help on.

9. I have asked the question and awaiting there response....

10. Unfortunately, I picked the bike up (from Newcastle) for cash...

11. Unfortunately, I picked the bike up (from Newcastle) for cash...

12. I have also asked for a breakdown of cost per each item. Not that I'll be going that route, but it will help if I see individual parts available on eBay.
    Would be very interested to know if there are any reputable garages that would be prepared to retro fit a newer (twin spark) engine ....

13. I'm not debating the damage (but I bet the dealer has added stuff to that list that's not damaged, they're all crooks!!) . What I'm debating is the cost ? Just buy a used motor!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mate, get ya bike back, stick a used motor in it, minimise your losses now. The end.....

15. PS. Fuck me mate, did you have engine issues also? You kept that on the low down!! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. From that list, you can get part numbers from the manual. That'll also make the search a bit easier. I've added them below for you...

As has been said though... used motor and job done.

1. Crankshaft - 146.2.164.1A
    2. Pair Rods - 158.2.023.2A
    3. Set of Rod bearings - 112.1.012.1AB (Blue) & 112.1.012.1AC (Yellow) (No idea what the colours refer to... anyone?)
    4. 2 x Exhaust valves - 211.1.077.1A
    5. 2 x Piston Complete assembly - 122.2.169.1A
    6. Vertical and Horizontal Barrell’s - 120.2.172.1B (Horizontal) & 120.2.173.1B (Vertical)
    7. Gasket Set - 791.2.048.1A
    8. Left and Right Main Bearings - 75191.3380 & 702.4.020.1A
    9. Oil Pump Assembly - 174.2.038.1D
    10. Clutch Cover complete - 243.2.133.1AE
    11. Cam Belt Tensioner Pulley x1 (Not sure on this one... anyone?)

17. Unfortunately not that easy to come by...

19. That's awesome, thanks mate!

Incidentally, the garage recommended the most cost effective thing for me to do would be to break it and resell as parts!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information