1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Multistrada And Go Pro

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by HootOwl, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Has anyone tried the handlebar mount? I'm thinking of one of these but will it shake and vibrate much? :thinkingface:
    [​IMG]

2. I have one of those - but its more of a crash bar/ bullbar mount ... Fugly things but it worked when mounted to the R&G on my ZRX1200 :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I haven't got crash bars on mine Hoot but if you're saying it doesn't vibrate or shake about that'll do for me, the other alternative I suppose would be a ram mount

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Do you get much vibration or camera shake from it mate? If you've uploaded any footage on youtube could you link me up to one so I can take a look?

5. This one has some footage from 3mins 30" (also earlier this thread), this is low resolution as it was too large for my free Vimeo account at high res.

The first part of this is taken with the suction cup but later on it's on the handlebar, from about 7 mins.

Some of the footage is on the same roads and the suction cup vibrates more, but it's a more interesting viewpoint.
    The worst vibration I got was trying to mount it rear facing on my top box (unusable)

This video features a few mounting points, (and some footage from a friends Garmin camera)

6. I like to use the Drift option of constant recording and then use the remote control to 'save' a clip. This means you save the past 30s and the next 30s. So if something interesting happens you can hit the remote and save it once it's safe to do so. Also makes it a lot easier to edit.

It's a shame more cameras don't have this option, or want to make you use an App which is impractical.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Thats what I use but i haven't got a remote yet so every clip I take has to be edited to take my hand out which gets filmed when I turn it on :joy:. Thanks for linking up the vids mate, they look way more stable than mine using a helmet attachment

8. I low mounted my Gopro8 on the crashbars at the most vibrating point and smooth as butter ....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hard to get hold of those remotes now as they don’t sell them anymore (or are always out of stock)

10. I bought a knock off gopro remote on amazon. works great !

11. I've placed an order for one with Demon Tweeks. I bought one before from someone else and had to return it because it wouldn't pair. Hopefully this one will

12. I put my remote control on the mirror stem, I found it was easier than the tank bag as it kept moving around

#33 Twin4me, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Using the suction cup is there a plate that screws on the top of it that I can stick an adhesive flat mount or do you have to screw the camera on and off? I've looked and don't find one anywhere. Just makes it quicker to take on and off

• Like Like x 1
  14. Used a Ram U bracket that came with a garmin sat nav and mounted the camera on the side of the frame. I reckon this has come out quite well.

15. Go pro hero 5 session on the side of crash helmet. Perfect. Done some stunning footage with it. Your neck becomes the shock absorber, so the images are very stable.
    Steve.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. One photo of situation please???

17. IMG_0743.JPG IMG_0744.JPG IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0746.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information