1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada... Do I Keep It Or Move On?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fire3500, May 1, 2019.

1. I would say remove what you can be bothered to and sell separately to maximise your return rather than sell complete.

Still in the honeymoon phase with my 1260s MTS, my first Ducati, still pleased and at over 3,000 miles now. Will be close to 7k come end of July with two more tours under the tyres. Was concerned about chain tension when away in the Ardennes, looked a bit slack in comparison to the other Mutleys there and I was getting some unusual vibration. Adjusted it yesterday and a run to Birmingham and back last night confirmed that the odd vibes had gone. For two up long distance work it's great, though I accept that the GS is a tool in this respect. Good luck with your next bike whatever it may be.

A 2015 base model with 10,000 miles fetching £10k? I think that might be a touch optimistic. Never say never though, maybe the extras will add that value to the right buyer but they're unlikely to let you know that. Again; taking it back to standard spec with the OEM panniers and flogging the easily removable accessories separately should give you best return.

#21 Bumpkin, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I’d have thought you’ll get more money back if you put it back to standard and flog off the bits. Or as much as you can be bothered with.

Do you have any pics of fitting the quickshifter, I’m just about to fit one. (I already have it ) .

3. Afraid not, as I was very lazy / sensible and paid someone to do it for me. I do know that it was a bit of a bugger to fit, requiring the tank cover etc to be off (unlike pre-DVT). The work was done by Italia in Lincoln and I’m very happy with it. Do ensure you pick up a good strong reliable earth as the Healtech QS can give problems if the earth is a bit iffy.

4. Yes - definately put it back to standard and sell the extra's

The base bike - probably worth £8000 - £8500

Last November there were new S versions around for 13000 + Delivery.. as dealers were trying to push them out because 1260 was already out 6 months or so..

My 17 DVT with 7000 miles had just been written off and values at 12200... could hardly complain as a new one was less than a grand more..

I know that's not what you want to hear.. but thats probably more realistic... you will probably get 50 to 60% value for the bits selling them seperately.. but maybe £500 on the bike price...

I personally would not want panniers and some of the other things.. so no value to me... but selling them seperately probably opens up potential buyers..

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. If it were me I'd think about having 2 ads. One with all the extras and one where you've put it back to original with a 3rd ad(s) for the extras, see which advert get's the most responses. There more be more buyers out there for a good Multi without the extras than those who want one with the exact same extras you added. Then there will be buyers for the extras no doubt. Just a suggestion.

6. Got a chap interested in a swap with a GS, cash my way. Don’t mind taking a slight ding on it. Expect it really. If I end up on a bike I’m happy with then it all works out for the best.

I’m not knocking the Multi, just I’m a GS guy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I think John Lennon might have said that first, but Brian Ferry might have done a cover version? :thinkingface:

Forgive me, that was: – I’m just a GS guy

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information