1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Enduro - Scorpion Rally Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by John W, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Hi all,
    I was looking at https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/multistrada-gallery.61/page-81 and saw these tyres on @SHarper's bike.
    They look like they would be pretty good off road, but how do they fare on fast tarmac riding ?
    And how do they wear, mileage wise ?

I don't think they would be overly suitable for the two-up fast road stuff, but really like the look of them :)

2. Eyup.
    They’re not Pirelli Scorpion Rally tyres, they’re Michelin Annakee Wild tyres.

They were a bit of a handful for the first couple of hundred miles and I was beginning to think they were a big mistake. The road noise coming from the front over 50 is quite loud; you can’t throw it into corners with as much confidence as the road tyres; I don’t think they’re going to last long and I’m thinking of changing them prematurely for my trip to Spain next month, BUT they look as chunky and business like as fook.
    I’m not sure what to put on next, I need some off road capable tyres for the Pyrenees, but nothing quite as extreme, I’ll let you know...

3. Hi ya,
    thanks for clarifying, I assumed they were the Rally tyres offered with the Enduro Pro.
    I did think they might be a bit, erm, challenging :D

I agree though, they look the business.
    For most road use scorpion trail / trail 2s are pretty good imo, just clog up too easily in slippery off road stuff. I use these sometimes, and ride just as hard on them as PR4s on tarmac without issue.

Let me know what you go with :)

4. I like @SHarper axel grinders, would be nice to know were he got them. Those nobblies will send vibrations all over the place depending on the speed you ride. However they do look the business'

5. 4B1F8E57-E4C4-4FA7-9BD7-45A4A99662DA.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. The bike came with `Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2’s fitted they only lasted 7000 miles, so thought I’d try these.
    While they look the dogs doodahs I’m already searching for their replacements, the road noise, particularly at motorways speeds is more than I’m willing to put up with. I’m off to Spain in a few weeks time and they wont last the trip, even though it will get used off-road in the Pyrenees, I think a compromise needs sorting.

The crash bobbins are ‘edge’ skateboard wheels, some 8mm threaded rod, four dome nuts and four plastic spacers to keep them central on the axle. Best of all they were free and colour match the bike.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'd be thrilled to get 7000 miles out of any bike tyres!! My current OEM tyres are coming up on 6000 miles, which I still find extraordinary.

I did the same on a CCM supermoto I had for a while. I can confirm they worked well in a crash!

8. I'm still on my original Pirellis at 8.5k miles. They were looking a little sorry for themselves in Spain at 35 degC recently, but once back home, the flared edges have rubbed back off and tread wise, they should be good to 10k? That said, the rear is pretty square profile now.

9. Depends how off road you want to go. Anything that has any road bias, will be like an ice rink if you experience wet mud and anything too off road will be awful on the tarmac with regards to noise and wear.

10. Was reading some reviews on an ADV forum, and folks were reporting around 3-5k out of them, if I remember correctly. Not as good as a road tyre, but not bad if you're prepared to make that compromise for the sake of some off-road capability.

11. I've been using the AVON Trailsmart tires for the last 30,000 miles and on pavement they are great.

No vibs, good wear (rear 9,000) and good grip.

On dry dirt they are fine, not used them anywhere else.

12. Thread moved and title changed to suit

13. Brilliant, good idea.

14. 3173467C-A9EC-4389-A903-71BCBD194243.jpeg 7DE28F35-4631-4808-BADC-8BCB2EB0773C.jpeg The Michelin Anakee Wild tyres lasted four weeks and 1800 miles.
    To be fair there is still a little bit of meat on the rear and the front was good for quite a while, but I’m off abroad next week so changed them slightly prematurely. The bike handled better than I thought it would, but the noise from the front was totally unacceptable.
    I’ve replaced them with Michelin Anakee Adventure, a much more road oriented tyre, I’ll keep anyone that’s interested informed.

15. i dont know what level of off roading you plan on doing, but ive done 2 trips to the UK this year and 4 glorious full days of up to my neck in muck, bouncing over tree logs, ditches, falling off, up and down proper mountain trails etc, the tyres on the bike were Metzler Karoo 3

in a word UNBELIEVABLE They were fitted to the current africa twin. Had them on the road for some brisk riding and they never budged, and their performance on proper hardcore trails, and muddy water trenches where great.

worth considering.

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information