1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Enduro Torque

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Dave Burton, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Trying to establish the Torque setting for the rear wheel nut on the Enduro....is this as per MTS at 230nm....?
    D

2. And welcome to you Dave :)

3. The standard Multistrada has a single sided swinging arm and the wheel is retained by a single large nut 55mm across flats, which is torqued up at 230 as you say. The Enduro has a totally different double sided swinging arm with a spindle and smaller nuts, so it's a pretty safe bet the torque setting will be totally different.

4. I got told 120-130nm by ducati-aylesbury & my 1200Enduro rear wheel is fine although the tyre change's were stressful. Which reminds me I have ordered a 12-point 36mm 3/4socket & yet to grab it. Indeed a vital tool to take with you on a euro-trip.

#4 GunZenBomZ, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  5. TSSW likely 100-130

• Rear wheel shaft nut (on rear sprocket side and wheel side): 180 Nm ±5% + SHELL GADUS S2 V220 AD 2 (apply on thread and nut underhead);

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks to all for your reponses....using to esablish the size range of my next wrench as I suspected the 110 nm used on the MTS would not cut it... pleased it's not 230 nm as that is a large wrench to travel with.
    Really enjoying the Enduro after a short spell on the GS dark side....good to be home.

7. Apologies...clarity required on the last post.
    All references to the wrench relate to Chain Tensioning...Alan heads on the eccentric MTS hub as opposed to wheel nut on Enduro.

8. call you dealer for absolute clarity

9. I asked the guys at Pro Twins this afternoon and they confirmed the torque setting for the rear nut is 180 Nm.

10. Welcome mate :cool:

11. what about the front?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information